CHECC 2018 - Best Video

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
DEADLINE FOR ENTRY IS TOMORROW, THURSDAY 22ND AT 10PM!!!!

Best video on any aspect of caving. Post on this thread to enter. To be judged by James Moorcroft, thanks James  (y)

Entries in by 10pm Thursday 22nd November. One entry per Club, however don't forget to mention your Club! Winner 30 points, runner up 15 points.

Guidelines:

Videos should :

Have a story or include a narration of some kind or have an interesting theme.

Be a maximum of 10 minutes duration.

Info on James Moorcroft: https://ukcaving.com/board/index.php?topic=24142.msg301364;topicseen#new

REMEMBER ?200 STARLESS RIVER VOUCHER TO THE WINNER!!

wl

Tegwin

Plymouth's Adventure and Expo film is currently all over the edit room floor!

Here's a little teaser.....

film%20flyer_1000.jpg

Jack Hare

And of course, you can see large amounts of UK Caving rope in this video - thanks again for your generous sponsorship, you can see it got us to some remarkable places!

bauton

"Could compete with the John Lewis Christmas ad."​
- The Radio Times​

"A one star performance by Reading University."​
-TV Digest​

"One of the few causes Bono is not involved in."​
-The Edge​

"Just give 'em your effing maillons"​
-Bob Geldoff​

From the Tommy Wiseau school of cinematography: the Charity Appeal Pudsey Bear's agent said he was 'too busy for'.
Here is

Cavers In Need.​

https://youtu.be/MJgVvE0r8PI

Tegwin

Well here we go! Plymouth's Adventure and Expo with a different take on the benefits of being part of the caving community...
I mean who wouldn't want doughnuts served by a butler in the buff by the lake in Prid! 
:spank:

https://vimeo.com/301352208

Hall2501

If cave exploration on earth isn't adventurous enough maybe we could try caving on Mars...

ULSA (Leeds) 2018 CHECC video entry, enjoy :)

https://youtu.be/MYBAjbjB_8I

Moorcroft

Hi Guys it's James here,

Firstly I'd like to say a huge thank you to all those who took part in the competition this year. All of the videos were great, and I really enjoyed watching them.

One thing that I think really stood out this year was just how much you guys love getting naked!! That's some serious comitment underground, and I can only say I think you're all completely insane!  :LOL:

I was really glad to see so many of you take the time to drive a real narrative in your films. I mean there was a fair range of narratives, but I was interested to see what you all came up with, and I certainly wasn't disappointed by your creativity.

It was great also to see the humour hasn't dried up in student caving circles either, I was loving some of the parodies and p**s takes that were entered. I applaud the comics among you.  :clap:

Thanks aswell to those guys in the smaller, and newer clubs. I know first hand how daunting it can be trying to put together a video of underground footage, and then posting it publicly too! I was made up by the standard of all the entries, and couldn't have asked for a better, more interesting competition to judge.

However, there always had to be an overall winner. Narrative, and Visuals were my key points. The video that, for me, stood out when it came to linking stunning visuals with it's narrative, and using the two to drive forward an interesting and insightful piece of film making was; MARTIAN CAVES. I was hooked from the start, and the varied interesting camerwork kept me engaged the whole way. Congratulations.

My runner up, and in a very close second place was COINCIDENCE CAVE. The opening sequece of drone footage was properly drooly! I could'nt believe the standard. The fact that it as a film about cave exploration too - well this really was something special. Keep up the good work guys! Also has there been any more developments since the film was released?

I also have a cheeky Third place. This wasn't something I was specifically asked for, but I really did love the CAVeR video. I thought it was very on point, and some of the shots in the cave were beautifully done. Especially the candle shot in the chamber at near the end.

Finally I'd like to congratulate and thank everyone who took part. You really did create some amazing videos, and the standard has been superb. I can't wait to see what you all come up with next year. Hopefully I get invited back to have another look.

Thanks,
James  :beer:

www.jamesmoorcroft.com

Caver Keith

As a fellow cave videographer I couldn't resist watching all of this year's videos. They are a rich source of ideas and I'm always on the lookout for inspiration and anything I can steal. I really enjoyed watching all of them. I was impressed by the quality and the number of entries, not to mention the sheer variety. I was pleased that I wasn't a judge this year, it's a difficult job when the videos are so disparate. For what it's worth I completely agree with James. As well as being a brilliant video, the audio in Martian Caves was outstanding. Coincidence Cave is a worthy second - a great documentary video, and CAVeR really appealed to my warped sense of humour.

I know how much work and time goes into producing videos. I too would like to add my congratulations to all concerned.  :clap: