Jobs to do while on lockdown

Fulk

Number 1: Clean behind glasses cabinet:

Attachments

• Behind cabinet.jpg
    Behind cabinet.jpg
    362.9 KB · Views: 658

topcat

In the last fortnight every day I have been putting in  10 - 12 hour shifts in the house and garden.

I have a horrible suspicion that retirement would be like this, which is why I'm not really interested.

Looking forward to getting back to work 's easy 7 hour days....

Andy Farrant

On a more serious note, how about scanning and georectifying old paper cave surveys so they can be dropped into Geographical Information System software (eg QGIS), or even better, digitising old paper cave survey data...  No doubt some other useful tasks could be identified, eg scanning old caving club newsletters and making them available online...

Sid

Added the last of the material from Wookey Hole archives. This is now all available on MCRA

Witches, caves, Debbie McGee and Dr Who and much much more as they say!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mendipcaveregistryarchive/albums

tony from suffolk

mrodoc said:
Fulk said:
Hello, TOR, are you referring to my socket plate? If so, what's wrong with it?

OR is a bit OCD. I don't think it is quite straight!
I thought that at first, but I now think it's caused by lens distortion. The bottom edge appears to be parallel with the skirting. Of course, the skirting could also be on the ha (as they say in Suffolk).

JasonC

Fulk said:
God, we are bored, aren't we? Anyway, if the cabinet goes back, it doesn't matter.

The moral of the story is to avoid unnecessary dusting, those spiders were doing a good job ;)

ZombieCake

I'm making (well following the included well illustrated instructions) one of these:  https://www.tamiya.com/english/products/58416rising_fighter/index.htm
Taking my time painting it, and the driver does have purple overalls, mainly because I had some purple acrylic paint.

pwhole

Assuming the wall is vertical and the skirting horizontal (you tell me), after correction the socket still looks squiffy to me. I am keeping busy, despite appearances...

Attachments

• Wall.jpg
    Wall.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 118

The Old Ruminator

I have OCD. I vacuum the shed, garage, and attics. I still feel upset when I see the dust lurking behind that cabinet. I take drawers out of units to hoover the floor underneath. How I manage caving getting covered in muck I really do not know.

Fulk

OK you 'orrible lot, the panel does indeed slope up from left to right, at an angle of 1.1855*()!@?$%^&*()_+; where's the degree sign when you want it? Oh, right, alt zero ? that'd be 1.1855?.

And as for the colour ? it's a feature wall  :tease:

We've decided to move the glasses cabinet, so it becomes a problem.