Lockdown Binge Watching

ZombieCake

What are people looking at as there's not much else to do?  I've successfully achieved my goal and re-watched all 144 episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (except the pre-series one pilot, cos I don't have it) and am now looking at the Angel series.
Not a lot of caves in the South East, can stare out to sea on a good day and that's about it.
Anyway, one thing I did notice about the series was that they used real bands on the show, and this one kind of stuck out.  As ever binge watching thoughts and contributions welcome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXQZ9qxg4KA

SamT

Box sets so far watched..

The Bridge (BBC iplayer).
Umbrella Academy
Stranger Things
His Dark Materials

Might start Killing Eve at some stage.

Slug

I don't watch TV anymore, haven't done for a dozen or so years. Instead I download programmers from the innertent.
Now, I personally have no problems with subtitles and so have recently been watching mostly foreign language films and TV series from Russia, Japan, Korea and China.
Japan and Korea excel at creepy horror films, like "The Ring" and The Grudge",  but also action and crime like "Prophesy", or "The Vanished" , and "Northern Limit Line" about a true incident between North and South Korean ships in the 90's.
China does some very good historical drama's such as "The Woman Knight of Mirror Lake" and "Reign of Assassins", and my favorite comedy/horror "Mr. Vampire"
For some really good crime series though I watch a lot of Russian shows. "Neophyte" "The Department", "Marseilles" and "Capture". I'm currently binge watching  60 episodes of "Academia" a sort of Russian version of CSI......but more believable.

Honestly, compared to the usual American papp we seem to get mostly these days, or mind rotting game and quiz shows, I'd rather settle down to a Russian detective, Japanese action thriller or a Korean monster movie.

alanw

I'm working my way through the complete boxed set of Babylon 5, I've just finished series 1. The news a couple of days ago of Mira Furlan's death was therefore especially sad.

Minion

Greg Jones said:
I've been watching some of Beau Miles's adventure videos on YouTube. Excellent stuff.

I?ve been following his stuff for quite a while! Almost makes me want to move to Australia and grow a decent beard.

TheBitterEnd

I mainly have netflix for the kids but boredom has made me watch some stuff - agree on Queens Gambit, recently binged Mindhunters which was surprisingly good I thought given that hardly ever police/crime dramas.

Mary Kills People on All 4 is quite watchable.

Not recently but Fleabag (iplayer) and End of of the F***ing World (All 4) if they are still available.

I find this guy quite watchable  https://www.youtube.com/c/Advoko/videos

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
Lots of Netflix, Queens Gambit - brill

'Self Made' is good.  4 part drama based on the life of madame C J Walker reputed to be the first black female self made millionaire.  Stars one of the Hidden Figures actresses.

'Tiger King' is compulsive viewing if you haven't yet seen it.  Joe Exotic and Carol Baskin go head to head in the crazy, and I mean really, really, crazy real life world of American big cat keeping.  One of the nut jobs accidently kills himself in the office by pulling the trigger of a leaded gun while it is pointed at his head.  Joe exotic was down for one of those Trump pardons but he is quoted as saying he felt he was too gay to get one.

'The Climb' a film.  A young Senegalese immigrant living in very poor part of Paris sets out to climb Mount Everest to impress his girl friend.  Feel good, funny and surprisingly watchable.

Schitt's Creek - comedy, 60 episodes.  Fab collection of actors.

Rob

Leclused said:
Dark (German)

Agree to this, especially as it has a cave as a prominent feature. It's on Netflix (but don't be tempted to watch the English dubbed version, unless you literally can't read).

Note: it's tricky to follow all the characters so best to binge watch and not spread it over months.  (y)

Leclused

Rob said:
Leclused said:
Dark (German)

Agree to this, especially as it has a cave as a prominent feature. It's on Netflix (but don't be tempted to watch the English dubbed version, unless you literally can't read).

Note: it's tricky to follow all the characters so best to binge watch and not spread it over months.  (y)

I loved the serie. Especially that even the shown surveys where pretty accurate to a real cave survey

A must see indeed

Fjell

Emily in Paris. Unmissable. Really. I know it?s a knock off of the French one but it?s the best thing going since Legally Blond.

More boringly, the Expanse is the best thing on now obviously, and Star Trek isn?t/wasn?t (again).

SamT

Been recommended this -

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEjBDKfrqQI4TgzT9YLNT8g

Not watched yet, but looks like it might be interesting, perhaps best watched in order.  I don't know.