Recommendations on trips to do

walshy155

Hi all, hope there is some activity here. Just wondering if anybody can recommend some nice mines to visit in South Wales excluding Dinas. Thanks in advance

walshy155

Hi Trig, yeah I know there are some awesome caves, I have been caving for maybe 8 years now, sadly I have only down OFD1 OFD2 once each, and many of the other smaller caves. I'd like to do alot more buts it's hard to get involved with other people from the caving community. I've also been involved in some interesting digs. At the moment I was just wondering if there are any great significant mines to do thank you pal  :)

I'm always up for a trip though 👍

Trig Gledhill

Oh just chuck a post up in here whenever you want to go do some Welsh caves. Theres always people going underground.

I'm hoping someone with m knowledge of the Mines will pop up soon, I dont know anything about them I'm afraid, hence my biased post [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

rhychydwr1

Your really  need to visit to Aditnow.  My favorite mine is Ystrad Einion:
https://www.aditnow.co.uk/Mines/Ystrad-Einion-Copper-Mine_2960/

moorebooks

I agree with Tony Aditnow if you want to sort out mining visits.

You could also obtain a copy of George Hall's book Metal Mines of Southern Wales which gives you details of places to visit.Its still in print I have copies as other stockists may also have

Mike

walshy155

Thanks for the replies lads, I find it awkward to use aditnow but will keep trying. Anyhow I think I'll make some posts and see if people are up for a trip.
Cheers
;)

Keris82

OFD is brilliant. It's so big and lots of different trips to do there as it's so much like a labyrinth. Craig a Ffynnon is very good too. And Dan yr Ogof is well worth finding a leader for, although it's very weather permitting. Contact wcms or south wales. I'm sure someone will be happy to take you