MOSSDALE CAVERNS

richardg

I have been asked to inform the caving community of a forthcoming film on Mossdale Caverns.
The producer, the well known film maker Dan Hartley is wanting to talk with men and women who have first hand experience and connection with the 1967 tragedy.
Dan says he is keen to see photographs and hear from people with memories to share.

Dan can be reached by his email..

dan@roguerunner.com

Dan says he will be in Settle on February 19th/20th

richardg

alastairgott said:
Rich, I note its the 20th of February today!  :sneaky: :tease:

OOPS...
Thank you Alastair, hehehe ....... in which case, anyone who has something to contribute to the film production, please contact Dan directly by his email....

Simon Beck

richardg said:
I have been asked to inform the caving community of a forthcoming film on Mossdale Caverns.
The producer, the well known film maker Dan Hartley is wanting to talk with men and women who have first hand experience and connection with the 1967 tragedy.
Dan says he is keen to see photographs and hear from people with memories to share.

Dan can be reached by his email..

dan@roguerunner.com

Dan says he will be in Settle on February 19th/20th

Not sure where you are getting your information Richard, or who asked you to inform the caving community, but having spoken to the producer myself I wasn't given the impression the film was actually about Mossdale Caverns. I believe it will be a fictitious tale about a cave rescue and possibly loosely based on several that have occurred locally, the aforementioned included. 

richardg

To answer your questions Simon:

A ex caver who does not go on social media. read this article  in the Craven Herald on line, and thinking it was very relevant to the generation of cavers, such as himself around at the time, asked me to inform the online caving community...

https://www.cravenherald.co.uk/news/17412486.a-craven-diary-filmmaker-plans-to-tell-story-of-mossdale-caving-disaster/

Craven Herald
News Jobs Sport Advent Opinion Dales Life What's On Announcements Book an ad Nostalgia Business Education
Craven Herald A Craven diary: Filmmaker plans to tell story of Mossdale caving disaster 
NEWS 14th February
A Craven diary: Filmmaker plans to tell story of Mossdale caving disaster

By Lesley Tate
Senior Reporter
See all 6 images
    0 comment

HAVING written and directed the Ribblesdale set coming-of-age story Lad, local director Dan Hartley is once again training his camera on the dales to tell a story based on the Mossdale Cavern disaster in 1967 (pictured) when six cavers tragically lost their lives. To aid his research Hartley is inviting members of the public with first-hand experience of the tragedy to contribute to the story by sharing their memories and photographs. If you wish to participate Dan will be visiting Settle on February 19 and 20 and is asking potential contributors to get in touch via email to dan@roguerunner.com

Simon Beck

Thanks for clearing that up Richard. Your original message made it sound a little like you were doing this on behalf of the producer, or in direct contact with them etc... Posting the latter would have made sense to begin with.