Scurion problem .. help please!

Ian Adams

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could offer some advice on a (faulty) Scurion I have please;

I bought it approximately 12 months ago (give or take) and have used it around a dozen times only.

I have forgotten the model name (but I can find the original box if I need to) although it was the better one of the options available (the most expensive).

There are two faults;

1) After, approximately, 60-90 mins of use (on full blast) it starts ?blinking? in triplicates at me. These ?blinks? recur ever couple of minutes. I am sure it is trying to tell me something but ? what? (and should it being doing it?)

2) A large black dot has appeared in the centre of the beam. This occurs in all 4 settings. There is no apparent mark on the glass and no visible ?black dot? inside. I have attached a photo of the beam projected onto a wall ? it?s blurred but it gives you the black dot.

Does anyone know what I need to do to fix these please?

Thanks ?.

Ian

Attachments

• DSCF4624a.jpg
    DSCF4624a.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 268

Benfool

Hi Ian

Please send me an email at ben.t.wright (at) gmail.com and we can have a chat.

I handle all the support and maintenance for Scurion in the UK, so I will be able to get it sorted for you.

The blinking is normal behavior, its telling you that the voltage in the battery pack is too low to carry on the current setting, at its going to a lower setting to conserve battery power. You can turn off this feature in the advanced settings (see the manual), but that means that the light will simply shut off when the voltage gets too low, instead of slowly dialing down the power.

B

Alex

My Earth worm does that blinking too, I guess that is the same issue, blinks then drops down a power setting. Most disconcerting at the top of a pitch. Perhaps the battery is starting to go in my case and perhaps that is the issue with yours.

badger

agreed Ben top bloke, sorted out my issue this year, and even found an issue I did not realise I had as well and sorted that problem too. (y) (y)

ZombieCake

Does anyone else think the above image resembles a bit like that of the M87 super massive black hole?  Please don't have more that 2 or 3 Scurions close together on full power as that could affect space-time as we know it  :)