Hidden Earth 2008

Les W

Hidden Earth 2008 will be on the weekend of the 26th to 28th September at Prince Henry's Grammar School in Otley near Leeds.

Camping is on site again and there is all the usual stuff with 3 theatres full of lectures and presentations.
There will also be the exhibition hall with art, photo salon, club stands and traders. Rope races and Workshops as well. All the usual competitions and a late bar and stomp. The live band on Saturday night is Rockaholic.

This venue looks superb so come along and meet your mates

Book online at www.hidden-earth.org.uk

Please send offers of lectures to the lecture secretary - contact details on the Hidden Earth Website.

Rob

As above, but with a pretty picture...  :)
n511602646_695750_4084.jpg

graham

Please accept my apologies as I'll be in France.

But, I'll see you at SUICRO this year, Les.  (y)

Les W

I'll see you at SUICRO too Graham  (y) but first I have the small matter of the UK's premier caving conference an exhibition to deal with.  ;)

me

I have just been checking out the Hidden Earth price list and it is not abundently clear what I have to pay  ;)

If i book in advance for the week-end it's ?22  ;)

but then I can get a discount each day for being a BCA member so take off ?2  ;)  ;)

but if I want a package (weekend admission, dinner, stomp and T-shirt) can I take another ?2 off  ;)  ;)  ;)

but if I don't want a T-shirt but do want admission, dinner, stomp do I still get ?2 off  :-\

Whatever the answer I think it looks like a jolly good week-end can be had for not a lot.  :D but I will not be entering for the prussik race as I have only just recovered from the Vercors  :cry:  See you there.  :)

Les W

Hi,
If you use the online form then it calculates everything for you.  ;)

Note: You can only claim the BCA discount if you are a BCA DIM (Direct Individual Member) (ie. not via your club)

It is indead a fine weekend and this year will be no exception.  :beer: :beer: :beer:

See you there.  (y)

graham said:
Please accept my apologies as I'll be in France.

But, I'll see you at SUICRO this year, Les.  (y)

I'll be at Suicro too Graham!, I wonder how much beer it will take to persuade you to take me for a trip down Pen Park Hole!

CaversLass

Haven't quite decided yet, but I guess a lot of people will be relying on me, so perhaps I will go
Can't wait for SUICRO either
(y) (y) (y)

SamT

Just booked me tickets today  :D

feel free to come up and shake me by the hand  :hug: , or wring me by the neck  :chair:

Either - so long as we can do it over a pint !!  :beer:

Rob

When, if at all, will we get to see a timetable of lectures? I feel the need to start organising my itinerary already!  ::)

It's only 11 days away  (y)

ogofmole

Rob said:
When, if at all, will we get to see a timetable of lectures? I feel the need to start organising my itinerary already!   ::)

Me too, especially as we are going up this Friday for a week of caving/walking before conference. So we will not have internet access from this Friday onwards.

Glenn

Rob said:
When, if at all, will we get to see a timetable of lectures? I feel the need to start organising my itinerary already!   ::)

If previous years are anything to go by, the final timetable remains "fluid" until the last minute as lectures are juggled to fit as required. There will be a cut off point as the pragramme has to be printed. Then, maybe, something may appear on the HE site....

Cheers,

Glenn

Les W

We do not publish a Timetable of lectures in advance of the weekend as it will already be wrong by then. The program is at the printers now but the timetables are printed separately as an insert. By Sunday there will normally be new inserts to account for the revised timetable.

A list of lectures "might" make it to the website soon(ish) if our webmonkey has time.

Les

p.s. Peter, you are quite correct, currently you are on on Saturday and Sunday (E&OE)  :LOL:

Peter Burgess

What would be handy to know is whether the duration of the presentations I offered is as originally stated. I have tailored the slide shows to fit, but might not be able to click the buttons fast enough if my slots have been shortened!

DaveR

The Cave Diving Group will be running a 'suck it and see'  :eek: session in the pool (Saturday lunchtime-ish I think)
Just bring shorts/cossies and we'll bring the rest.
Have a go with sidemount tanks and cave diving gear, or just swim around with a bottle on your back for a bit of fun.
No obligation other than to have fun!
See you there,
Dave

Peter Burgess said:
What would be handy to know is whether the duration of the presentations I offered is as originally stated. I have tailored the slide shows to fit, but might not be able to click the buttons fast enough if my slots have been shortened!

I'll be there to heckle applaud you, Peter  (y) I'm on the tech team too, what could possibly go wrong?

Wolfart

Known by None said:
Peter Burgess said:

I'll be there to heckle applaud you, Peter  (y) I'm on the tech team too, what could possibly go wrong?

Where do we start? :-\
It will be alright on the night :D