Sash weights

SamT

Rescued a couple of sash weights from the side of the pavement .. anyone want them for silty sump tie offs?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Benfool

Yeah, I'll take them!

Where you based? Sheff? Could I either get somebody to come grab them for me, or could you leave at the TSG if you're passing?

B

SamT

(y)

I've yet to actually collect them.. (hid them behind a wheelie bin as I was walking into work. should have carried them for some training!!).  Will get them on my way home later.

Pitlamp

Benfool - I dropped off about 4 sash weights in the N S compressor building a while ago. They were left in the right had corner as you go in the outer door (i.e. in the corner betwen the R H door and the right wall). Help yourself if they're still there.

Benfool

Thank Sam, I'll arrange how to get them to me once you've got them.

Thanks for the heads up pitlamp, I'll have a use for those too. The line at the top of the shaft in Keld are a complete mess and could do with some weights to pull it out of a horrid line trap. Just gotta get some vis to get there and sort it!

SamT

Sash weights secured and in my back garden.  I can probably easily get them to the tsg or if you want to send a friendly caver courier round .. that's no bother too.

pwhole

I can give you the visitor code anytime you want to drop them off. I'm not going in the next few days, otherwise I'd take them on the bus! But you can leave them in the garage in an obvious place  and they'll be put somewhere safe I'm sure ;)

Tseralo

TSG are in the dales next weekend i can get them to the NPC or CHECC if that helps as ill be picking up ropes from the chapel anyway

SamT

If Phil can txt me a code and I'll post on here when I've dropped them off.  Hopefully this weekend.

alastairgott

Sent Sam a code that will get him into garage only. I'll see what I can do about dropping them off in Manchester, might be a quick lunchtime drop and run next week if they're at tsg this weekend.

Let me know how many you need Ben, I think we've got some others hanging around too. If i can round it up to an amount that's ? the amount you need then you're all ?

Pitlamp

Tseralo said:
TSG are in the dales next weekend i can get them to the NPC or CHECC if that helps as ill be picking up ropes from the chapel anyway

I'm expecting to see Tseralo next weekend so if they are got from The Chapel to Greenclose I could then easily transfer them to the NS compressor soon after, for Benfool to collect at his leisure.

Isn't caver post wonderful? (Hermes & DPD aren't anywhere near as efficient!)

Pitlamp

Benfool, I filled a tank this morning and looked for those sash weights; looks like someone has already had them away I'm afraid. Sorry.

AR

They're usually a couple of kilos in weight, and have an eye cast in at one end, so a ready-made attachment point.

SamT

And a convenient shape to carry. Plus can be pushed into a silty muddy passage bed as a good anchor to tie the line to where there is often little to tie the line to.

I've been told that plastic waste pipe with holes drilled in is also good for this application and lighter to carry in.. but divers love carrying loads of cumbersome heavy things through caves, so I guess they never notice.