Doug Nash - Photograph Collection

Fishes

Part of Doug's collection contained photographs from various underground sites around Derbyshire. One of the albums contained photos of Jug Holes that were taken by Doug Fearn in the 1950's who also made the Op Mole film.

I always meant to make scans of these as they showed Jug Holes when the beehive slope was still white and the adit was still intact. Unfortunately this was something else I delayed for too long.

Could anyone point me in the right direction if they still exist.

Thanks

Julie

yrammy

We have much of Doug and John's collection at the British Caving library. I am not sure what is included as we are still cataloguing everything. Of course the library is closed at the moment but I can look for you when thing change. Jenny P might know more as she collected everything from the house. 
Mary 

Fishes

Thanks Mary

If its of any help in the future I can tell you where they were in Doug's library.

Do you also have the OP Mole records going into the 1960's? Doug had a set bound with green covers.

Cheers

Julie

AR

The Op Mole records were passed on to PDMHS, they're currently at the Museum but I've suggested to our Recorder that they should go into the DRO. Something I'll raise again once this is all over...

pwhole

The Glebe Cottage library index lists many OP Mole photos taken at Jug Holes, though who by isn't specified. But it looks like the stuff you're after will be there, and if they're still in the original boxes/files, I guess they should still correspond with the original index?

Jenny P

yrammy said:
We have much of Doug and John's collection at the British Caving library. I am not sure what is included as we are still cataloguing everything. Of course the library is closed at the moment but I can look for you when thing change. Jenny P might know more as she collected everything from the house. 
Mary

Anything we acquired when we cleared the house was, as far as possible separated into items which were specifically of mining interest and others which were of more general interest.  Anything which was identified as being specifically of mining interest was passed to PDMHS.

There were other items which, as AR says, went directly to PDMHS and some of these may have since gone into the DRO. 

I am reasonably certain that we don't have any of Doug's photos in the Library now.