Switching Clubs in Derbyshire

Ecrins

Hello all!
I'm an intermediate caver (started caving in Jan 2017) from the South Derbyshire area and I'm looking to switch clubs. For example, does anybody know how active Eldon, Derbyshire caving club or Derbyshire Pennine club is? I'm looking to be able to cave and SRT every weekend if I can and explore local mines as well!  ;)
I've looked at the TSG but it's a bit far away but I am seriously thinking about joining the Yorkshire Subterranean Society, but if there's something in Derbyshire for me that'd be great.  :)
Cheers,
Ecrins.

paul

You could try http://www.orpheuscavingclub.org.uk/. The club hut is near Parsley Hay off the A515.

Andyj23UK

blinks :

err - you are in " south derbyshire "

and dismiss the TSG [ an excellent club [ baseded castleton high peak ]  who do 75% of thier caving in the peaks ] as " too far away "

in favour of the YSS [ an excellent club [ based helwith bridge ] - who do 75% of thier caving in the dales

err - how do you travel ????????????

alastairgott

Andy is in part correct, however If you're sure you want to discount us, then that's ok too.
We do not pressure anyone to join the TSG, in fact I've recently been questioning the sanity of some of our newest members ;) you know who you are!

but anyway, we have a newer member who is now a cave guide for peak cavern and nearly always looking for Evening trips and midweek trips.
The club is very active with, I'd say, over 25% of our membership going on at least one trip every week.

There are of course many fine clubs active in Derbyshire, all of which will offer a lot to new members.

Buttered Badgers, DPC, DCC, The Eldon, Goodluck mines Preservation Soc', Masson Caving Club, Orpheus, PDMHS.

If the area where they are active is what you're going on, then the Goodluck mines Preservation Society is very much in your area. Based in the Via Gellia, but does do caving elsewhere.

Ecrins

Wow you've certainly got an interesting meets list Paul, but are the weekend meets all of the caves mentioned with different groups or just one off the list? Do you have any training meets as well?

Thanks.

rob87

Chesterfield caving club we go out Mondays and weekends and weekend trips away such as mendips Yorkshire we do srt mine and cave exploration  (y)

paul

Ecrins said:
Wow you've certainly got an interesting meets list Paul, but are the weekend meets all of the caves mentioned with different groups or just one off the list? Do you have any training meets as well?

Thanks.

We have training meets as and when needed. I'm not sure what your other question means though. The meets listed are in different areas and various club members attend depending on availability and location, We usually have at least one trip abroad as well.

If you want to tay a trip out, contact the Secretary (as per website details).

Ian Ball

YSS has a weekly evening Derbyshire trip, a Wednesday I think.  Might be able to get a good few trips in.