Calf Holes

traff

I took a group of beginners to Calf Holes at the weekend
The left handside p hanger on the 'Y' hang above the entrance pitch is missing (looks like for some time - i haven't been in about 2 years)
There is a good spit below - just don't leave your hangers in the car, like i did :(

dunc

Both hangers for the y-hang were in place earlier this year(May).

Wheres it gone to then? :?

T

tubby two

They were both there a fortnight ago too! both on R wall as you look down pitch with a third bolt about 1m down on the L (either deviation or pull thru, not needed anyway).

maybe there is a mystery boly thief!

tt.

D

Davie

Hi traff,
the P Hanger was still there on Saturday the 15th of Oct 2005, which I think is the weekend you are talking about. I happen to have a photo if you want.

Cheers

traff

Hi Davie
I was actually there on Friday 14th. There should be three hangers on the right wall above the pitch - i'm positive there was only two - the far left one missing. It would be interesting to see your photo, if only to check my sanity.

C

Colin the Caver

Was up at Birkwith on Sunday (30-10-05) the second hanger on the Y hang is definitely missing. Whilst it was too wet to do much on Sunday it should still be possible to rig it as a single hang or a Y hang between the remaining hanger and the backup. The latter would probably need a deviation from the ladder hang.

D

Davie

Hi Traff,
sorry about the delay getting back to you. I've (hopefully) attached a photo at the end.

I didn't realise there were meant to be *three* hangers on the right wall though. You are right - there are only two now. That's all I was expecting, and you can get a free free hang from the two that are there.

What was the point of the (now missing) third one?

Cheers
Davie

[/img]