Access Info required for some Peak District Caves / Mines!

Scud

Derbyshire Caving Association are preparing an online access guide. I have the following sites in the Bradwell catchment where i am missing access information for them.

Bradwell Cave
Quarters Farm Swallet
Well Shaft
Deadman's Clough Swallet
Hartle Dale Caves: Fissure Cave
Hartle Dale Caves: New Cave
Hartle Dale Caves: Top Cave
Kittycross Cavern
Nether Fear Mine
Noulton Mine
Pictorend Cave
Pippin Hole

Does anybody know what the current access situation is for these sites?

Thanks

Wayne

pwhole

Kittycross (Nether Cross) shaft was sadly filled in many years ago - briefly mentioned in the Bradwell thread. Burning tyres (and plastic?) followed by bulldozed quarry waste. Lovely. We spent quite a few evenings wasting time looking for that one.

T pot 2

Bradwell cave and Well shaft is I think is Bradwell Parish Council but Well shaft may also be highways agency. Hartle dale caves are Mr Twig who lives at the farm above Outlands Head Quarry.
Kitty cross is no longer there but it would have been Mr Shatwell of Glutton Bridge or Mr Hafield at Smalldale.
Nether fear mine is Stanley Sidebottom the owner of Moss Rake Quarry.
Waters Farm Swallet ask M Noble of the owner of the land.
Dead Mans Clough Swallet,  Pictor End Cave, Pippin Hole and Noulton Mine should be Misters David or Ernest Rowarth of Hazelbadge Hall.
All are accessible if permission is asked for AFAIK.

T pot

cooleycr

Sorry to sound like a teenager but "Mr Shatwell of Glutton Bridge" - is this for real?!?!!?

surely this is where Mr Creosote resides?

T pot 2 said:
Well shaft is I think is Bradwell Parish Council but Well shaft may also be highways agency.

The only trunk road in the Peak District managed by Highways England (as the Highways Agency is now called) is the A628 over the Woodhead pass. If a shaft is inside the boundary of any other road then it'll likely be the County Council's responsibility.

T pot 2

Coolecyr
If you read the sentence it states it would have been Mr Shatwell of Glutton Bridge. Mr Shatwell now resides in Spain hence Mr Hadfield of Smalldale the land owner.

RichardB1983
I stand corrected re county council.

T pot

SamT

T pot 2 said:
Coolecyr
If you read the sentence it states it would have been Mr Shatwell of Glutton Bridge. Mr Shatwell now resides in Spain hence Mr Hadfield of Smalldale the land owner.
T pot

T - I think you missed the joke there - Coolecyr was just sn-wording (like a teenager) the funny names...

hee hee - he said Shatwell, phnarrr, snort

:chair:

Roger W

You cannot follow the letter n with i-g-g-e-r, even when the n has an s in front of it.

It's not politically correct.

cooleycr

SamT was spot on, I was being immature laughing at someone's name, not that anyone has ever thought that I was taking the Micky (no offence to all called Michael), especially when phoning a take-away order or booking a table at a Chinese (are we still allowed to use this descriptive????).. clue Coolie  ;)

And no, I do not take offence when I hear someone calling someone else "a right Charlie"

So a thousand apologies to anyone I may have unintentionally upset for my warped sense of humour - I blame the wireless plus TV from the 70's...

If BREXIT means no more PC cr4p then bring it on...