Bristol caver

bagpuss

Hi all,
I cave somewhat erratically as when the weather is good I tend to be in the mountains or swimming outdoors somewhere. I also don't often know if I have childcare till the last minute & don't have transport often, so I'm a fairly hopeless case!

I am looking for Bristol based cavers who head to Mendip or Wales for trips. I'd need to lift share, but happy to buy beer/food/petrol/bring cake.

I am in a caving club, and do get out mid week on occasion. I do quite often have a Sunday free though, or next week for example I have the whole week free. Mid week trips aren't so hard to come upon, but if I am free during a weekend I tend to find it hard to find anyone wanting to cave on Mendip. My daughter is also reasonably competent so would also be interested in kid friendly trips on Saturdays.

Thanks in advance

martinlevya82

Hi. Im  also  looking for people to cave with. I've been caving since I was young (32now). Although not so much recently. I currently work as an instructor at cheddar do have almost no weekends off and lots of random days. So erratic weekdays suits me fine.  I live in Bristol and have transport.let me know if your still intested in going on a trip sometime. Martin

Either of you two fancy a mooch about one of the Wiltshire mines Tuesday or Wednesday night (14th/15th) - Its 45mins from North Bristol. I have to refrain from crawly stuff currently but perfectly fit for stone mines. Can share transport, I can throw another seat in the truck.

bagpuss

Hi Chris, I am afraid I am not a big fan of mine exploration. I love the historical side of it, but in my mind mines feel less safe than caves. I know there are lots of examples where you could argue the other way, but that's just the way my brain thinks unfortunately. Give us a shout when you back in to caving again :)

Les W

ChrisDavies73 said:
No worries I was thinking Box, safe as houses made of it.
But Chris, they have taken out all the safe rock to make houses. They have left all the unsafe rock still there...  :tease: