Last trip of 2019 / First trip of 2020

PeteHall

Yesterday, I made my last trip of 2019 with a dive in Gothic Passage Sump in OFD.
Today I went to Goatchurch Cavern with my son as my first trip of 2020.

49312396796_f7b248a0cb_o.jpg

What other last/ first trips have people had over New Year? Anyone underground at midnight?

sn

Happy New Year !

Last trip of 2019 : A combination of Katnot and Holme Hill caves, Ribblehead, on Sunday 29th December. Both done in 'civvies' while on a ramble around the area. I particularly like Katnot, and Holme Hill also gave an interesting (and new) short trip.

First trip of 2020 : Yesterday (i.e. New Year's Day), an evening trip into Crackpot Cave, Swaledale - first time in this cave. Nice formations and good to see the cleaning and taping job in Cullingford's Folly. Some fun squirming around in the Intestines to see the other side of the now blocked main entrance.

This year, hope to get down DYO (never been in), but need to find a warden !

pwhole

I managed to break the tip of my little finger digging on the 29th, so haven't yet managed any trips in 2020  :cry:

That said, I tend to celebrate New Year on March 21st, which seems an eminently more sensible time for it - though I'm usually celebrating it alone  :confused:

AR

If you're going to be that much of a traditionalist then why not stick with the Julian calendar and celebrate new year (or Lady Day if you're going to be really traditional about it...)on 5 April? :LOL:

PaulW

we had talked about being underground for NYE, but no one had the inspiration to walk back up the hill.

NYE Cwmorthin
2 Jan Heron Pot

FionaH

Last trip of 2019: Trip down Notts 2 on NYE. I went years ago when I was a fresh caver, and I'd forgotten just how lovely the streamway is.

First trip of 2020: Alum Pot on 2nd January, much wetter and bleaker than expected but great fun as usual!

Happy 2020 and hope you all get some good caving in :)

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

JasonC

PaulW said:
2 Jan Heron Pot

Heron was my last of 2019 (and last trip altogether at the moment) on the 27th.
First time I'd been out the bottom entrance - by, that water was cold!