Slave flash

Burt

Any suggestions as to a good hotshoe mounted slave unit to go on a rather old but simple Rollei flashgun?

I bought one from ebay but it was pants (what did I expect for £6?)

menacer

firefly 2 or firefly 3 depending on whether your camera has a single flash setting or whether it does the pre flash thing... or slightly cheaper the I-slave from cumbriadesigns.co.uk. expect to pay £30 upwards...... :cry:

dunc

I often use biological slaves. I find them quite good
When they are working they work well, but sometimes I have reliability issues though which puts me off using them :doubt:

Burt

oh, god, what have I done? Should have guessed a thread about "slaves" would bring out the best in people. :cry:

Please don't start on flashers as well.....

cap n chris

Burt said:
(what did I expect for £6?)

images

:confused:

pete h

over the pest 25 years i have tried many flash slaves. the firefly is good but i have had problems with reliability and some led lights will fire them. The best unit i have found is the Gibson slave. They can be obtained from his web site  caves.org.uk
good luck and happy snapping

potholer

The Gibson ones do seem to work pretty well - I built a few from kits for a friend, and he's definitely happy with them since they work well with his bulb guns as well as his electronic flashes.
The kit approach does require some soldering skills and equipment, but does save some cash.