Euro Speleo 2017 ?

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
Eurospeleo is a bit of an odd event.  As I understand it only happens in years when the main UIS conference takes place outside of Europe.  So as the UIS conference takes places in Australia this year, Eurospeleo took the place of a conference in Europe in 2016.  If UIS is in Europe, as it often is, and more often was, then there is no Eurospeleo event.

Far from simples  :-[ :confused:

Les W

Hi todcaver,
As Badlad said, Eurospeleo is only held when the UIS congress isn't in Europe.
As the UIS works on a 4 year cycle and is alternately held in Europe then not in Europe, it means that Eurospeleo will only happen on an eight year cycle. As for where it will be, I don't think that will be decided for a few years yet if past performance is any guide.

However, there will be the UK's premier caving event, Hidden Earth, which is currently being planned for around September time, and we will hopefully be announcing the dates and venue very soon.

So watch this space, as they say...  (y) :beer:

Les W

MJenkinson said:
Where is HE this year (region)?
Well, it ought to have been in Wales, however our preferred venue, Monmouth, is undergoing refurbishment and is not available to us this year. We arw in discussions with another suitable venue, but until it is confirmed I cannot disclose any more.
As I have said several times to lots of people, as soon as I know, you'll know...  (y)

Les W

cavemanmike said:
Les W said:
Well, it ought to have been in Wales,

well what about poor old NORTH Wales

If you can tell me of a secondary school, with somewhere in the region of 1200 pupils (It needs to be about this size to ensure it has enough suitable facilities), Will allow us to camp on their playing fields, will have no objections to us having alcohol on site, are in our price budget and have a "can do" attitude and we will look into it.

Oh, and we don't want it to be near Rhyl, or Prestatyn...  :tease:
And nowhere near the Wirral...  :eek:

cavemanmike

Les W said:
cavemanmike said:
Les W said:

If you can tell me of a secondary school, with somewhere in the region of 1200 pupils (It needs to be about this size to ensure it has enough suitable facilities), Will allow us to camp on their playing fields, will have no objections to us having alcohol on site, are in our price budget and have a "can do" attitude and we will look into it.

mold alun in mold obv

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
Les W said:
cavemanmike said:
Les W said:

Brynhyfryd, Ruthin  :)

Fulk

So we are not doing hidden earth anymore?

Alex ? the organisers of HE put in a tremendous amount of work behind the scenes (I'm not one, so I'm not trying to blow my own trumpet here).

I'm not sure that comments like this are particularly helpful.

complex

One of the organisers has already posted in this thread that ...
However, there will be the UK's premier caving event, Hidden Earth, which is currently being planned for around September time, and we will hopefully be announcing the dates and venue very soon.
... which seems to state that Hidden Earth will be back as usual sometime in September, at a venue to be announced shortly.

cavemanmike

complex said:
One of the organisers has already posted in this thread that ...
... which seems to state that Hidden Earth will be back as usual sometime in September, at a venue to be announced shortly.

ye NORTH WALES please

Oceanrower

Well, you've got The Croydon CC, The Clelsea SS and the The Westmister SG.

Not to mention the University clubs (Imperial etc.)

Also the Wealdon, Kent Uni and, I believe, my very own Wessex was once from these parts.

So, I vote for a LONDON Hidden Earth!

:beer:

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
I just noticed an announcement on another thread that there's going to be a Eurospeleo 2018 in Austria.  It sounds like a science based theme so probably not like the cave fest we had here.