BCA Ballot Paper by Post

Bob Mehew

Reports just starting to come in that the Ballot Papers sent out by our printer / mailer should now be arriving on your door step.  If you scan or take a photo of the completed form, you can send that back by email using agm2017 at bca-vote.online.  (Replace ' at ' by @ and remember to use the right form of hyphen.  :-[ ) 

If you have not received a ballot paper either by email or post by 1st September, then please contact BCA's Secretary on secretary@british-caving.org.uk .

Bob Mehew
for BCA Executive

Huge

I received mine through the post this morning.

The rest of the club that I get BCA membership through got theirs via email. I've checked and my email address is correct on the club list. I requested a login on the BCA website earlier but my email address wasn't recognised so it must have got corrupted somewhere along the line. I'll email Cookie with my correct details for next time!

P.S. What is the right form of hyphen?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Bob Mehew

I regret to say we have no idea what is the correct hyphen.  It appears as if Microsoft substitutes a non standard hyphen at some stage either when the content of the email is received by you or when you click on the link which has been provided to reply.  Hence my not providing a link.  As yet (& touch wood) I have had no reports of problems when you just type in the address.   

We have had several hundred reports of bouncing emails which is why you probably got it through the post rather than by email.  If you can, please use https://members.british-caving.org.uk/users/login to give us your details as that would be easier and would also generate an email back to you from ...@british-caving... demonstrating we can make contact.  Our suspicion is that your email ISP is ultra sensitive to our name and rejects it.  :(

As yet (& touch wood) I have had no reports of problems when you just type in the address.

I sent my vote by email having typed the address. As there had been the confusion I asked for confirmation of receipt. I am pleased to say that I received a personal reply confirming that it had been receiived. Well done.

Huge

Bob Mehew said:
We have had several hundred reports of bouncing emails which is why you probably got it through the post rather than by email.  If you can, please use https://members.british-caving.org.uk/users/login to give us your details as that would be easier and would also generate an email back to you from ...@british-caving... demonstrating we can make contact.  Our suspicion is that your email ISP is ultra sensitive to our name and rejects it.  :(

Cheers Bob but the login page asks for a username and password, which I don't have (I think I don't anyway) so I clicked on Request Login, which asks me to enter my email address, which then isn't recognised. There's a few suggestions of what to do from there, a couple don't apply but I've double checked that my club has my correct email address and the final suggestion is to email the BCA Online Administrator - Cookie. I'm not expecting a quick response - I'm sure he's just a little busy at the moment!  :)

Bob Mehew

Huge said:
I'm not expecting a quick response - I'm sure he's just a little busy at the moment!  :)
Hopefully his work load will be calming down now we have a handle on hyphens, bounces and not forgetting the invisible spaces.

JasonC

JohnMCooper said:
I sent my vote by email having typed the address. As there had been the confusion I asked for confirmation of receipt. I am pleased to say that I received a personal reply confirming that it had been received. Well done.

I was only thinking of asking for confirmation that my vote had arrived - and one arrived!  Thanks for removing the niggling doubt  (y)
This ballot must have entailed a huge effort by many people - thanks to you all.
Nevertheless, I hope that application of modern (well, '90s) technology has eased the burden somewhat