BCA ballot

kay

I've just received an email reminder from Nick Williams to get my BCA vote in.

Is this being sent to everyone, or just to those for whom there is no record of a vote being received? I voted ages ago and got an email acknowledgement - does this mean my previous vote was invalid in some way?

Dave Tyson

I guess this is being sent out to everyone as I got several and like Kay I had voted and had acknowledgements.

Dave

JasonC

kay said:
I've just received an email reminder from Nick Williams to get my BCA vote in..... I voted ages ago and got an email acknowledgement

Snap. Is the reminder sent to everyone who received the initial invitation, whether or not they voted, just in case?

Cookie

The reminder is being sent to everyone even if they have voted.

They haven't all been sent yet, but they should have by the end of this evening.

nickwilliams

braveduck said:
I voted ,got no acknowledgement and have not received a reminder ,yet !

If you voted by e-mail then you should have had a reply to confirm receipt. If you did not get one, please pm me your e-mail address and I'll check if it's been missed or not arrived.

martinb

Is anyone having problems sending their votes to  agm2017@bca?vote.online ?

I've tried, but its bounced back as undeliverable?

cap n chris

Check out:

https://ukcaving.com/board/index.php?topic=22358.0

Clearly this time round the ballot is a lash-up. Obviously democratic.

The Old Ruminator

Yes got something along those lines but I removed myself from caving politics years ago. So I shan't vote and if it relates to Crow ( sic ) in any way folk should know that on Mendip I have not yet met a caver who wants anything to do with it.
I just go caving every week. I guess I am old enough to have these views so no recriminations please.

alastairgott

Try typing out the address, it's a known problem with the -

Unless you've already typed the address, in which case you're F. (In trouble)

NewStuff

The Old Ruminator said:
Yes got something along those lines but I removed myself from caving politics years ago. So I shan't vote and if it relates to Crow ( sic ) in any way folk should know that on Mendip I have not yet met a caver who wants anything to do with it.
I just go caving every week. I guess I am old enough to have these views so no recriminations please.

Mendip should not dictate what the whole country does, despite many from Mendip appearing to think that it should. Mendip is very isolated in it's views on CRoW.

However - The ballot is about the BCA's constitution, although it does have implications for CRoW and caving.

Cap'n Chris said:
Check out:

https://ukcaving.com/board/index.php?topic=22358.0

Clearly this time round the ballot is a lash-up. Obviously democratic.

Every pub has one, the grumpy old codger that bitches about everything that's not the way it was when he was a whippersnapper. You are the caving equivalent, grumbling to yourself  thinking people actually give a damn what you think after your alternate account was 'outed'.

cap n chris

NewStuff said:
Every pub has one, the grumpy old codger that bitches about everything that's not the way it was when he was a whippersnapper. You are the caving equivalent, grumbling to yourself  thinking people actually give a damn what you think after your alternate account was 'outed'.

Unbelievably chirpy, me; nice auto-description though. Hat seems to fit you nicely. My comment wasn't a grumble; it was an observation. This present ballot is so flawed it's beyond risible. Argue that.

paul

[gmod]CRoW doesn't stand for "Cavers Rowing over Whatever" so let's not stray into the usual bickering please everyone.[/gmod]