Board update

bubba

Administrator
I have just updated the forum to the latest version - please let me know if anything has been borked - I may have missed something!

# [Fix] incorrect handling of password resets if admin activation is enabled (Bug #88 )
# [Fix] retrieving category rows in index.php (Bug #90)
# [Fix] improved index performance by determining the permissions before iterating through all forums (Bug #91)
# [Fix] wrong topic redirection after login redirect (Bug #94)
# [Fix] improved handling of username lists in admin_ug_auth.php (Bug #98 )
# [Fix] incorrect removal of bbcode_uid values if bbcode has been turned off (Bug #100)
# [Fix] correctly preview signature if editing other users posts (Bug #101)
# [Fix] incorrect alt tag on generated search images in groupcp.php, viewtopic.php and usercp_viewprofile.php (Bug #102)
# [Fix] consistent forum ordering in all dropdown boxes (Bug #106)
# [Fix] correctly get compression status in page_tail.php and page_footer_admin.php (Bug #117)
# [Fix] set page title on summary page of groupcp.php (bug #125)
# [Fix] correctly test style and avatar in usercp_register.php (bug #129 and #317)
# [Fix] handling of reactivation notifications if admin activation is enabled (Bug #145)
# [Fix] handling of both forms of translation information used in language packs (Bug #159)
# [Fix] key length for activation keys fixed in usercp_sendpassword.php (Bug #171)
# [Fix] use GENERAL_MESSAGE constant in message_die instead of MESSAGE (Bug #176)
# [Fix] incorrect handling of move stubs (Bug #179)
# [Fix] wrong mode_type in memberlist (Bug #187)
# [Fix] SQL errors when setting maximum PMs to 0 (Bug #188)
# [Fix] removed unused variable from topic_notify email template (Bug #210)
# [Fix] removed unset variable from smilies popup window title (Bug #224)
# [Fix] removed duplicate template assignment from admin_board.php (Bug #226)
# [Fix] incorrect search link for guest posts in modcp.php (Bug #254)
# [Fix] all users removed from topics watch table on special occassions (Bug #271)
# [Fix] correctly check returned value from strpos in append_sid function (Bug #275)
# [Fix] correctly display username in private message notification (Bug #278)
# [Fix] fixed "var-by-ref" errors (Bug #322)
# [Fix] changed redirection to installation (Bug #325)
# [Fix] added timout of 10 seconds to version check (Bug #348)
# [Fix] fixed user_level default in postgresql schema file (Bug #444)
# [Fix] multiple minor HTML issues with subSilver
# [Change] deprecated the use of some PHP 3 compatability functions in favour of the native equivalents
# [Change] added 60 days limit for grabbing unread topics in index.php

# [Sec] backport of session keys system from olympus
# [Sec] fixed email bans to use the same pattern as email validation and allow wildcard domain bans
# [Sec] fixed validation of topic type when posting
# [Sec] unset database password once it is no longer needed
# [Sec] fixed potential to select images outside the specified path as avatars or smilies
# [Sec] fix globals de-registration code for PHP5 - (Stefan Esser/Matt Kavanagh)
# [Sec] changed avatar gallery code sections to prevent possible injection points (AnthraX101)
# [Sec] signature field is not properly sanitised for user input when an error occurs while accessing the avatar gallery (AnthraX101)
# [Sec] check to_username and ownership when editing a PM (AnthraX101)
# [Sec] fixed ability to edit PM's you did not send (depablo84)
# [Sec] compare imagetype on avatar uploading to match the file extension from uploaded file

Brains

Noticed my picture has gone missing, tried to edit my profile and replace it but got a half page of messages telling me I couldnt do it! Reverted to tothe index before I could note down specifics. Possibly related?

bubba

Administrator
Dammit :(

Sorry everyone, I *always* do this....I've deleted everyone's avatars again :oops:

Sorry, sorry sorry!

You should be able to re-upload now...

M

Mine Explorer

bubba said:
danthecavingman said:
The "View posts since your last visit" thingy has disappeared........

I still see it - which theme are you using?

Was missing for me as well earlier on, but has since reappeared again.

Brains

Got my picture reloaded now - thanks :D , but the thread about surveys wanted for some totty heap of poo in Surrey still requires resolving- is there a software patch for it? does their hardware need a damn good re booting? :twisted:

kay

danthecavingman said:

Could be because the board thinks you are not logged in, or doesn't recgnise you as a previous visitor?

I'd also lost that function. So I tried to post a message to that effect, it threw me into the login screen, then refused to accept all the combinations of user name and passwaord that I threw at it. So I looked up the correct pair (which was in fact the first one I tried) and this time all OK, I'm back in again and able to post and the 'view posts since your last visit' is back.

So I put it down as the upgrade causing a temporary hiccup in the log-in.

paul

kay said:
danthecavingman said:

Could be because the board thinks you are not logged in, or doesn't recgnise you as a previous visitor?

I'd also lost that function. So I tried to post a message to that effect, it threw me into the login screen, then refused to accept all the combinations of user name and passwaord that I threw at it. So I looked up the correct pair (which was in fact the first one I tried) and this time all OK, I'm back in again and able to post and the 'view posts since your last visit' is back.

So I put it down as the upgrade causing a temporary hiccup in the log-in.

I still have the same problems. Eventually I get logged on but each time I enter the same ID and password...

D

darkplaces

Clearing cookies helps cometimes. Leave that cookie jar alone! :evil:

IE > Tools > Internet Options > Clear Cookies Button

Firefox > Tools > Options > Privacy (left hand side) > Clear button in the cookies box.

(steals a cookie from bubba :twisted: )

kay

I'm getting the same problem as Paul - no 'new posts' button, so went to log in, used same user name and password each time, 3 times before I got in.

d**kplaces - my 'clear cookies' option says 'delete all cookies' - I don't want to delete all of them!! Any easy way of just deleting the ukcaving one? Or do I just have to go searching for it and delete it manually?

I hate computers.

kay

I'm still getting this irritating thing of logging on 3 times before the board recognises me and lets me look at new posts. Is this happening ot anyone else, or is it just me?

JB

Hi Bubba,

I'm getting the same thing as Kay. Previously, I was automatically logged in to the site. Now when I arrive at the forum, I have to enter username and password. I do it once and nothing happens. Do it again and i get logged in OK. I'm using Mozilla Firefox browser if that helps.

Duncan

kay said:
I'm still getting this irritating thing of logging on 3 times before the board recognises me and lets me look at new posts. Is this happening ot anyone else, or is it just me?

This used to happen to me, too, but it stopped a while before this latest update and hasn't happened since. Perhaps it got fixed around the time those turkish H4x0rs defaced the board.

Anyway, it was very irritating so I hope it can be fixed for Kay and JB.

If it's the same problem as I was getting, when you finally get logged in, the board shows your last log-in time as being only a few seconds ago, probably the time of the last unsuccessful attempt (despite using correct uid & pwd).

bubba

Administrator
I've changed the cookie name that the site uses - it may have been conflicting with other cookies...though not sure how.

you will need to:

log out
clear cookies
clear cache/temp internet files
close browser
go back and test

sorry if it still doesn't work after that!

kay

Thanks Bubba :D

I wondered when came on to the board just now - I needed only one attempt to log in. I haven't done any of what you said, but I've just closed it and opened it again, and am straight in with no need to log on. So, fingers crossed, but I think you'vre cracked it. Thanks :D

paul

kay said:
Thanks Bubba :D

I wondered when came on to the board just now - I needed only one attempt to log in. I haven't done any of what you said, but I've just closed it and opened it again, and am straight in with no need to log on. So, fingers crossed, but I think you'vre cracked it. Thanks :D

Same here. Problem seems solved!