Aggy Key

paulf

In March, I applied for an Aggy Key for September sent off the usual Self Addressed envelope with my crisp tenner. September came & went NO KEY. I then sent a polite letter off to Lynne Bailey a couple of Weeks later & I still haven’t heard anything ?
Where am I going wrong ?
Lynne's address is still valid on the CSCC web-site

Cookie

paulf said:
In March, I applied for an Aggy Key for September sent off the usual Self Addressed envelope with my crisp tenner. September came & went NO KEY. I then sent a polite letter off to Lynne Bailey a couple of Weeks later & I still haven’t heard anything ?
Where am I going wrong ?
Lynne's address is still valid on the CSCC web-site

I think you mean the CCC website since Aggy is in Wales.

This topic http://ukcaving.com/board/index.php/topic,1996.0.html is in a similar vain. The third post down has Lynn's telephone no. so you phone for an answer or the current procedure.

paulf

Hi I spoke to Lynne tonight it seems she never received my Application for the Aggy KEY. Must have gone missing in the Post !!!
Lynne still seems to be the Key Holder at the usual address Write Cheques made payable to M.L.E.M.L.M.A.C quite a mouth full.
Paul

Les W

paulf said:
Write Cheques made payable to M.L.E.M.L.M.A.C quite a mouth full.

Did she say what it stood for?

I always thought it was "Mynydd Llangatwg Cave Management and Advisory Committee" (MLCMAC)

Les W

http://www.xvp75.dial.pipex.com/llangtwg.htm

gives the info alleged to be up to date at 11/10/06 so pretty current.  ;)

rich

I've found it's a waste of time to send off SAEs for keys unless I've already been in contact with the key-holder. Email is about as successful -- the only reliable way is to get a phone number.

dunc

I've found it's a waste of time to send off SAEs for keys unless I've already been in contact with the key-holder. Email is about as successful -- the only reliable way is to get a phone number.
I've had no problems obtaining permits/keys for a variety of caves by any of those methods, apart from just one cave/access officer both of which shall remain nameless.