Youth & Development working group

JoshW

Hi all,

As of this weekend, I?ve been elected as BCA Youth and Development officer.

First, I'd like to thank Rostam for the work he's done over the years in helping young people cave.

Secondly, I'm looking to bolster the Youth and Development working group. I'm very fortunate to have inherited a very capable and knowledgeable, if small team. Many hands make light work, and certainly the more voices there are, the more creative we can be to get more young people caving.

Anyone with any kind of an interest in youth caving, be it from a scouting background (like me), university caving, or even club caving, would be more than welcome to join the working group.

People on the more creative end of the scale would certainly be welcomed, so don't be put off if you don't think you've got background knowledge or negotiating skills, I'm really looking to put together a varied team, to really be able to move forwards.

If you have interest in joining, or would like to know further details on what it would entail, please feel free to comment below, private message me or email me at youth@british-caving.org.uk

Pitlamp

Josh - email me on THURSDAY (to remind me - not before please as I'm impossibly busy till then) and I can tell you something to your advantage.  (y)

JoshW

Wow so I've had some great responses to this, and I really appreciate all you who have come forwards so far. Hopefully I've got back to all who have contacted me with further details of what we do.

I'd love to hear from some people from the Peaks and Wales to get their input in all things youth and development, as feeling slightly Mendip and Yorkshire heavy at the moment. Even if this is not with the view of joining the working group, I think it would be good to see where the gaps are.

Thanks again all,
Josh

JoshW

I have a top secret project I'm currently working on, and before I reveal details to the wider community I've got a few details I want to work out. In particular I'm looking for people with the following skillsets:

- IT/systems
- Advertising/media/social media

Please, please, please contact me, either on here or at youth@british-caving.org.uk if you'd like to help. If you know someone with these skillsets, please share this with them, and ask them to get in touch.

Hopefully once the details have been ground out, I can put this proposal to council, and it can be rolled out to the membership. I think this project will be very beneficial to UK caving both immediately and for the long term, for clubs, university caving and caving as a whole.