D.I.M. question

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wormster

hokay here goes:

(deep breath) I'm off to South Wales in a couple of weeks and will OBVIOUSLY need to obtain the dreaded insurance.

My question:

Can I go directly to the broker listed on the BCA web page or do I have to apply through the BCA?

I hate the idea of having to do this but needs must I suppose.

Cookie

The broker is for Travel Insurance. I know Wales is another country but travel insurance would be a tad unnecessary.

The 3rd Party Liability insurance is only available through the BCA.

I fear you've left it a little late if you actually need to show the green card to anyone.  :(

W

wormster

Cookie said:
The broker is for Travel Insurance. I know Wales is another country but travel insurance would be a tad unnecessary.

The 3rd Party Liability insurance is only available through the BCA.

I fear you've left it a little late if you actually need to show the green card to anyone.  :(

Thank you very much cookie for your excellent reply.

I don't need travel insurance and I do have my passport ready, just the BCA green card I'll have to be pronto with my application then.

Jopo

From Wormster
deep breath) I'm off to South Wales in a couple of weeks and will OBVIOUSLY need to obtain the dreaded insurance.

You don't need a card for OFD.
You do ( and a leader) for DYO.

I think I will start a thread asking who has had to show a card, when, for which cave and to whom.

Jopo

A

andymorgan

Could Wormster be given a kind of cover note to show if the green cards can't be printed in time?

If I recall this was suggested in the threads about the green cards before.

W

wormster

cap 'n chris said:
So, you're going to Dan-yr-Ogof, then?

Great trip.

Well that depends if I get a green card in time.

its either that or the gasaxe (JOKE)

Glenn

wormster said:
hokay here goes:

(deep breath) I'm off to South Wales in a couple of weeks and will OBVIOUSLY need to obtain the dreaded insurance.

My question:

Can I go directly to the broker listed on the BCA web page or do I have to apply through the BCA?

I hate the idea of having to do this but needs must I suppose.

Hi wormster, what is the date of your trip? Have you applied yet? Are you applying for a green (CIM) card or for a red (DIM) card? If you are applying for a green card, is your club a member club of BCA?

Cheers,

Glenn

W

wormster

Glenn said:
Hi wormster, what is the date of your trip? Have you applied yet? Are you applying for a green (CIM) card or for a red (DIM) card? If you are applying for a green card, is your club a member club of BCA?

Cheers,

Glenn

Glenn, date of trip is 13/14 October, application form is printed off and in my pocket waiting to be filled in, I guess I'm applying for a CIM card as I'm not a member of any club.

cap n chris

If you're not a member of any club you can't be a Club Insured Member of BCA so you'll need to apply for a red card i.e. a Directly Insured Member of BCA. That'll cost ya! - but s'worth the little extra `cos you get magazines n stuff.

W

wormster

Ah, ok so it looks like its a red card for me then ref......

but NO early shower for me.......I'm still going to play.

Glenn

wormster said:
Glenn said:

Cheers,

Glenn

Glenn, date of trip is 13/14 October, application form is printed off and in my pocket waiting to be filled in, I guess I'm applying for a CIM card as I'm not a member of any club.

If you are not a member of a BCA member club, you'll have to join as a DIM. If you PM me (and let me know what name I'm looking out for) when you have posted your application and payment (and please try and do it tomorrow or Wednesay latest) I'll make sure you have a red card in the post in time for your trip.

Cheers,

Glenn

paul

Glenn said:
wormster said:
Glenn said:

Cheers,

Glenn

If you are not a member of a BCA member club, you'll have to join as a DIM. If you PM me (and let me know what name I'm looking out for) when you have posted your application and payment (and please try and do it tomorrow or Wednesay latest) I'll make sure you have a red card in the post in time for your trip.

Cheers,

Glenn

How's that for service!
:clap:

W

wormster

Glenn,

The application will be in the post this arvo, hopefully I've filled it in propa like.

thanks for your help guys. :clap: :clap: :clap:

MODERATOR / ADMIN can we lock this one as its dealt with please.

Status
Not open for further replies.