Ballot Results

aricooperdavis

The results are in from the Online Members Ballot following the AGM. We had a record number of participants for an AGM, and the BCA would like to thank our members for getting involved with the AGM and with the vote ? this is what a modern democratic organisation looks like!

We?d also like to extend our thanks to all our candidates and to everyone who submitted a proposal this year. This engagement is absolutely vital to keep the BCA working effectively on behalf of its members, and we couldn?t do it without you!

Results
567 ballots were submitted online. 0 ballots were requested by post.

Elections: All positions put to election at the AGM have been filled.

EFj5MUt.png

Proposals: All proposals taken forward at the AGM passed.

DbudfIb.png

PeteHall

Is it possible to include the votes against and abstentions for completeness with the results? Thanks  :kiss2:

Either way a pretty clear result! Well done everyone and good luck!

aricooperdavis

Hi Pete,

Good point! I've updated the post on the BCA website but can't update the screenshots in this post, so you'll have to read it on the website for that detail.

It gets a little complicated for the multi-seat positions, but I have explained those results too.

All the best,
Ari

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
Many thanks to everyone who voted for the nine proposals that were put forward in my name.  A special big thanks to Matt Ewles who actually drafted them and understood the finer detail of the BCA constitution and what it needed to improve.  Broadly speaking they are all modernising proposals which should act as a clear indicator as to the future direction of BCA.  Good luck everyone.

I guess the significant figure of the vote is that only 567 members voted out of a possible 6000 odd.  A huge improvement on the numbers who would normally attend a physical AGM of course, but I can't help think that with the easy peasy electronic voting system it is a fairly low percentage of membership engagement.  Something for council to work on next?

Anyway more praise from me to Matt Ewles as during his relatively short lived time as secretary he steered the organisation into a one member one vote system with electronic voting that made this vote possible.  Also a big shout out to Ari and co for making it happen.  I'm sure it was a hell of a lot of volunteer work

To the future and beyond....