Changes to the BCA Executive

aricooperdavis

It is with regret that we announce that Phil Rowsell has resigned as BCA Chair.

Phil has lost his father recently, and feels he is now unable to put the effort in time and conviction into the role that would satisfy his high standards.

We would like to thank Phil for his drive and direction that he brought to the Chairmanship during his tenure.

Following a period of consultation with a number of people the following changes have taken place:

- Russell Myers moves from BCA Secretary to BCA Chair.
    - Allan Richardson is co-opted as BCA Secretary.
    - Howard Jones continues as Treasurer.

Allan is currently CCC Secretary and brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to the role. All three are experienced cavers with many decades in the sport. All three have served in other caving organisations in a variety of roles. Most importantly all three are mature and resilient. We therefore believe that the new BCA Executive is well placed to meet the demands of the organisation as we go into 2021.

Russell Myers, Allan Richardson, and Howard Jones

Cross-posted from the BCA Website.

aricooperdavis

That's the BCA press-release, but on a personal note I'd like to say a huge thank you to Phil for the work he's done at the helm of the BCA, and to send him my condolences. I'm sure I speak for a lot of people when I say that we're here for you if there's anything that we can do to help, even if that's just a chat or a drink.

Ed W

I would just like to echo Ari's comments above - Very many thanks Phil for stepping up when you were needed and I am sure there are many more cavers (including me) who will be there for you if you want us.

Secondly I would like to offer my support to the new exec, I can't think of anyone better suited to taking on the poisoned chalice of the Chair and Secretary at the moment - very many thanks Russell and Allan.  Also lets not forget Howard as treasurer either.

I hope that all British cavers can get behind the exec and offer them the support they deserve for volunteering on our behalf.