BCA statement on the roadmap out of lockdown

nearlywhite

Looks like the autoposting still doesn't work... Sorry! Here's the BCA advice over the roadmap out of lockdown and where caving stands.

https://british-caving.org.uk/covid-roadmap-update/

pwhole

Nice rendering on the virus model, BTW. Depth-of-field with Bokeh effects and particle dynamics. BCA are on the up! Do we have a 3DS MAX license? Though I guess Blender's free. Or did someone just steal the pic? ;)

nearlywhite

The latter but it was free to use.

Don't worry you'll see more original hack jobs in paint from me later, I can assure you that it's only a moderate advancement.  ;)

Fancy lending your psychadelic skills?

pwhole

I'll have a go if I'm free, though 3D rendering is beyond my scope now - as in, it's too expensive to license the easy (or non-learning!) stuff, and Blender's just insanely weird to start from scratch. MAX is ?180 a month! For one application. I resent paying ?50 a month for the whole Adobe suite. I'm sure an outraged Blender fan will start flaming me that it's really easy (in fact I'm going to hang out in his garden now, with lights), but I just don't have the time to re-learn 3D. Just so you know ;)

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
Regarding the comment on self contained accommodation and the contradiction about minimising travel.  The holiday cottages around here (Dales) have bookings from 12th April and expect to be fully operational from then on.  Something for club huts to consider as you say.

nearlywhite

Down and beyond said:
Is the 17th of may looking like the ?correct ? date to start again ?

As always the answer is it depends, we're not in a position to dictate when or if you can go caving (or where) and activity will generally increase over the steps as impediments to normal caving are removed.

Please see your local region for further specific advice.