"Julius Ceasar and the Druids" ... caving on telly!

damian

You may recall that a few years ago a Hades CC dig (Fishmonger's Swallet) became the feature of a Time Team TV programme when a large assortment of bones were found.

Hades were recently approached by Channel 5 to go back to Fishmonger's and continue the filming, albeit on a smaller scale than last time. The result of this filming is scheduled to be shown on Channel 5 on Tuesday 19th August at 8pm. It is part of the "Revealed" series and is entitled "Julius Caesar and the Druids".

We do not know how much of "our bit" has made the final cut. However the review here specifically referes to the caving bit.

Unfortunately I'll be out in France at the time, so I'll have to set my video.

whitelackington

Quote:
"More remarkable than this, however,
is the discovery of 150 bodies in a cave near Bristol, where archaeologists found signs of ritualistic cannibalism."

Which cave is this?

This isn't that bonekickers tosh, is it?

Charlie

whitelackington said:
Quote:
is the discovery of 150 bodies in a cave near Bristol, where archaeologists found signs of ritualistic cannibalism."

Which cave is this?

damian said:
You may recall that a few years ago a Hades CC dig (Fishmonger's Swallet) became the feature of a Time Team TV programme when a large assortment of bones were found.

paul

damian said:
I should have added that there is an article on the filming on Page 36 of the current Descent.

That's good as I get Descent but not channel 5!

whitelackington

Charlie said:
whitelackington said:
Quote:

Which cave is this?

damian said:

If 150 bodies had actually been found in Fishmongers, that would be astounding.
I don't believe it.

Pete

There certainly were a lot of bones down there, and still plenty more to be excavated should anyone get excited at the prospect. we pulled out several trays of bones at this filming session in adittion to those already removed during the previous time team program. as for 150 bodies, I'll leave that for the archaelogists to work out, I can't help but feel they were a little enthusiastic about some of their assumptions during the program though!