Like button location

Spike

I appreciate it took 15 years to get the like button, and perhaps we should just be grateful for it's mere presence, but would it be possible to move it to (or duplicate it at) the bottom of a post, nearer where the "Like List" is?

Particularly on longer posts, I find that I would probably click like, but the effort of scrolling back up to find the button (it's worse if the long post is mid thread) means my very limited attention span jumps straight on to reading the next post. It's less of an issue for the adjacent "Quote" button as if I'm going to commit the effort to replying I'd normally put the effort in to scroll back up.

That said, there's a reason why the likes of Facebook etc put the interaction elements at the bottom of a post/comment.

Not the biggest issue in the world, but it's niggled me a few times in the last week or so...

p.s. I notice that a modify icon appears just above the IP address so that might be a suitable location?

Q

Administrator
Staff member
I've added a second like button at the bottom of each post.

Ian Ball

Might be better aligned to the right, or perhaps the end of the post like only shows if the top like is off the screen?
On a short post the two likes so close to each other seems odd.

ZombieCake

Off to find a wall to bang my head against....
Could I ask, if it's not too much trouble, but is that more effective than Hiltis or the stuff with nitrogen in?
I'll get me coat....  :-[

pwhole

So now every time I see a post, it's plastered with 'Like' - both icons and words? I do not like this 'like' business at all. I'm not asking for a 'dislike' button though.

Actually, could we have a preferences flag so that folks who don't like the 'Like' function can make it invisible, so we don't have to see it on every post?  :halo:

martinr

(edited)

pwhole said:
So now every time I see a post, it's plastered with 'Like' - both icons and words? I do not like this 'like' business at all. I'm not asking for a 'dislike' button though.

Actually, could we have a preferences flag so that folks who don't like the 'Like' function can make it invisible, so we don't have to see it on every post?  :halo:

For those who don't like the like buttons, I've found it is possible to block them all  using the "block element" function in the Adblock Plus extension.

alastairgott

pwhole said:

I've liked it for you, hope you like it!

JasonC

martinr said:
For those who don't like the like buttons, I've found it is possible to block them all  using the "block element" function in the Adblock Plus extension.

Hey - I like that!
Trouble is, I can't 'like' your post any more now I've removed the buttons....