Caving in the Ordesa region of the Pyrenees

dom

Does anyone have info on caves in this area (or within  a couple of hours away) ? I've been the last 4 years and each time it's a mare finding info on caves in the area. Each year I've succeeded and found some fantastic caves but this year I'm having great difficulty. Not taking any kit except the basics so nothing involving ladders or ropes. On the other side of the coin, if anyone is going and wants info on: Cueva del Moro, Cuevas de seso,  Cueva de 5 de Agosto then I'd be happy to oblige.....

dom

Many thanks for that - have just purchased - didn't know it existed!

Wonder if there's a demand for an english version of it.......

Dom

dom

Beardy - a very belated thank you for the tip - got the book and did the below trip (don't judge us on the lack of proper kit!!)

It was only when we got back out I realised that we'd done the cave that is pictured on the front of the book. Fabulous trip, back to the region in a month!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTo1kmQnw-Y

Beardy

Good stuff - I'm glad it was useful

I also enjoyed the video thanks for posting it - it looks like a fun adventure  ;-) 

I'll add that cave to my list for next time i'm in the area 

Beardy

If this is of interest I can send you a copy. Stuart Whitmey

[/img]

Attachments

• HWCPC report jpeg 50%.jpg
    HWCPC report jpeg 50%.jpg
    334.7 KB · Views: 200
  • HWCPC report contents - Copy.jpg
    HWCPC report contents - Copy.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 193

dom

Went back again this year and did the Cueva de Cinco De Agosto, another thoroughly enjoyable cave, one kilometre long (walking height almost all of the way apart from a squeeze near the entrance, which I spent an hour at last year and failed to get through).

As per last year, don't judge us on lack of kit or common sense, especially this year as my head torch broke on another cave the week before.....

https://youtu.be/OWRqT7xQGYo