Anyone played with these?

bubba

Administrator
What a great idea - might try one for my backup light.

30 seconds of shaking = 20 mins light, very impressive. Gets good reviews on amazon.com

bubba

Administrator
Ah bugger me - I didn't read that bit - they looked kinda small in the pics....maybe they'll bring out a mini-version.

Stu

Girlfriends son has one that is way smaller. About palm size. Works on magnet moving back and forth. Try to find out where he got it.

T

Titch98

Cool......even doubles up as a compass!!

Don't think that with the features offered, 25cm is too big for an emergency light thats 11oz and waterproof...........and no worries about batteries running out!!

underground

IIRC, this is similar to a light which got a mention in Descent a few issues back, intended for aircraft survival kits and that sort of thing. The one in Descent, however, was rated as a bit of a dog....

hrock

i sore these things for sail in the gadgetshop.
worked ok but look brakable for a cave. gave out an ok light.

rich

Because of the great big magnet you wouldn't want it anywhere a compass. Or any sensitive electronics for that matter. If you buy one, don't leave it on top of your telly or next to your laptop for example.

Also I imagine it would be unpleasant carrying it in a tackle sack with the magnet knocking back and forth.

And to top it off, the company spams.