SamT

Any ever seen anything like this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11742&item=3191967037

worth a look???

T

Titch98

Mark said:
You dont think that 150kg applies to the weight that it will take then

I hope so!!! Otherwise, that's like going down Giants with 6 bags of spuds on yer back..........

:shock:

Mark

Titch98 said:
[I hope so!!! Otherwise, that's like going down Giants with 6 bags of spuds on yer back..........

good idea maybe the blighters woudnt get as far as garlands

cap n chris

As a club secretary I sometimes get unsolicited mail and this ladder is a case in point - the company sent out a catalogue (presumably other club secretaries received it too) specifically highlighting a ladder of this type as being of potential interest to cavers.

I did not retain the catalogue; however my fuzzy memory recalls my reason(s) for dismissing the ladder as being of genuine use to cavers. 1) It weighs around 12-18kg, I think. 2) Although it closes down, it's still damn large (n.b. Mendip caves!). 3) I suspect grit/mud/sand will play havoc with the sliding parts. 4) It cost just under £300. 5) Stability at the base was an issue. 6) For the money you could make your own purpose built ladder in sections. 7). Can't be lowered from above due to concerns over leg placement at the base of pitches.

Mind you, at £30 it might be worth checking out.

H

Huw Groucutt

[quote="Cap'n Chris] It weighs around 12-18kg [/quote]

well some people have carried 20kgs each through Daren Cilau entrance crawl!

It did take them four hours each way tho!!!!

cap n chris

I weigh considerably more than that!

Mind you, 20keys through Cilau entrance is worth a hat doffing. Consider hat doffed.

H

Huw Groucutt

Cap'n Chris said:
I weigh considerably more than that!

Mind you, 20keys through Cilau entrance is worth a hat doffing. Consider hat doffed.

a straight jacket more like!