Caving in France

Ian Adams

I have been following the exploits of a group of French cavers and their latest trip involved climbing up a sheer face of a mountain to gain entry to a cave half way up.

They have done a really good video ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNH87Tq-oZc&sdig=1

It puts most of the caving I have done to shame  :cautious:

Great quality underground filming though  (y)

cap n chris

They also don't keep their hands off the stal or move slowly when surrounded by delicate formations.

This is an observation, not a criticism.

I

indigostarlight

I like the way that the cavers in the video, who happen to be french, automatically become representitives of their nation

This is an observation, not a criticism.  :tease:

Should make you think twice about what youre doing/ when you could be being watched... Nope, i'll just carry on living thanks.

underground

indigostarlight said:
I like the way that the cavers in the video, who happen to be french, automatically become representitives of their nation

This is an observation, not a criticism.  :tease:

Should make you think twice about what youre doing/ when you could be being watched... Nope, i'll just carry on living thanks.
Just as long as you take care of the formations. Carry on living by all means, but observe the cave conservation code, please.

Ian Adams

Very good point about the formations. I was too entranced with the qulaity of the video (how they have overcome the light problems) to actually notice they were being cavalier.

The French have a great many things to answer for. It would be much easier to be more annoyed with them if they didn't make such good cheese  :confused: