CRO Alert Mar 9th

cap n chris

Surely no sane person went caving given the well publicised storm system with associated weather warnings issued.

2xw

No novices, just someone who was exceptionally tired.

Lancaster is fine in wet weather, there's a whole dry route to play around in. Lots of people went caving over the weekend, as there were lots of places to go.

Luckily there were plenty of people around to help out and CRO weren't needed in attendance :)

mikem

Possibly due to the suggestion elsewhere of artificial aids being put in to assist novices...

2xw

I'd rather trust my own judgement as someone stood at the top of the shaft hauling on sat night.

One required assistance. Neither were novices.

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
As the Access officer for CNCC I can confirm that there is absolutely no problem with any of the university caving clubs or any of their members who attended Northern CHECC accessing any of the caves in Easegill and the surrounding areas.  In fact this is just the sort of event we wish to encourage.  If an individual should require a little assistance (or more) on the exit of a through trip we would consider this part of the learning curve that has been a major part of club and group caving ever since caving first began as a sport.  As far as CNCC are concerned there is nothing unusual about this sort of CRO alert which amounts to nothing.  A good weekend was has by all by the sounds of it and well done to the organisers - we hope to see you all back very soon.

Tim Allen
CNCC Access officer

alastairgott

Derbyshire cavers must get special treatment, cos we (I mean they) didn't get this publicity. We (I mean they) would have gladly received this publicity as proof that we (I mean they) actually leave Derbyshire.

Peregrina

Cap'n Chris said:
Surely no sane person went caving given the well publicised storm system with associated weather warnings issued.

71 NCHECC attendees went underground on Saturday and we were all fine bar a tired fresher so it can't have been that bad.  :halo: