General Etiquette

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the Scout Caving section of the UK Caving Forum. When posting please use your real name, with no hiding behind nom-de-plumes. We hope to use the forum to encourage & promote caving for Scouts. So please feel free to ask any questions regarding how to go about taking Scouts underground. We also hope to be able to share information about caves to use places to stay and so on.

Idris Williams

badger

Idris more than happy to use my real name, but I doubt if you ask around no one will know what it is ;)
regards Tony

Over the Hill

idriswilliams said:
Welcome to the Scout Caving section of the UK Caving Forum. When posting please use your real name, with no hiding behind nom-de-plumes. We hope to use the forum to encourage & promote caving for Scouts. So please feel free to ask any questions regarding how to go about taking Scouts underground. We also hope to be able to share information about caves to use places to stay and so on.

Idris Williams

Interesting, I caved with a bloke for years called Kippax Mick. Never did know his surname or in fact if he was Mick, Fred or a Dennis.I can see a serious point though as you are dealing with young people and you don't want people attempting the wrong sort of pot.  But never being a Scout you may just have the upper hand on me regarding nom-de-plumes. All the best Akela.  :coffee:

badger

all the scouts call me badger, my caving friends kids call me badger. me I am not bovvered.
am quite happy to use my real name, there is a small few in the caving world who do, other wise everyone else use's badger
tony

Rhys

Cookie said:
Would putting your real name as part of the signature be sufficient?

I reckon so.

Now, enough of the nonsense, it was a simple and reasonable request by the original poster. However, if you don't want to use your name, no-one can force you to do so...

Rhys Williams

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
[admin]Thanks Rhys.

Everyone - I know it's only a bit of fun, but please respect the Scout Caving board. The OP's comments were aimed at scouts, not you lot! Let's give them a bit of space.

Thank you[/admin]

Status
Not open for further replies.