Lost Helmet with Scurion at Carlswalk

Maddoghouse

Hey,

So I've lost my helmet with my Scurion on presumably on Thursday evening  by the sub station by Eyam Dale Shaft of Carlswalk... I feel like crying :(

Any info would be great!

Cheers

Katie

Have you been back to have a look for it? Are you local? If not I can pop by and have a quick look around surface if you want?

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
Maddoghouse said:
Hey,

So I've lost my helmet with my Scurion on presumably on Thursday evening  by the sub station by Eyam Dale Shaft of Carlswalk... I feel like crying :(

Any info would be great!

Cheers

Will share on UKC facebook page - hope you find it  :)

SamT

Might be worth posting on UKclimbing forums, as climbers use the quarry at the back of the substation too.

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
The facebook post has been shared by a fair few folks trying to help and seen by 2,500 + people.  Fingers crossed for you  :)

royfellows

Maddoghouse said:
Hey,

Any info would be great!

Cheers

Years ago a car parked there was not only broken into but set on fire. Oh, and this was after the owners rope was removed from the shaft over the road.
With people like that about I would not build up hope, but good luck getting it back anyway.

Maddoghouse

Anyone know of any specific outdoor groups I could get in touch with? I've been in touch with a few but only one has replied...

mch

You could try getting in touch with Pete Knight, posts on here as Pete K. He is a member of PICA and as he is a very helpful guy he could very likely put you in touch with groups that operate in the Stoney area.

Pete K

Hello! I'll ask the PICA (Peak Instructed Caving Affiliation) secretary to pop a message out to the membership. Companies like Edale YHA, Hollowford etc... use the Dale, but not that bit often, but it is certainly worth a try.
Ping me an email (see left of this text for click link) with your contact details and I'll pass them on.

pwhole

Is it maybe worth checking with the electricity company in case any of their staff found it whilst visiting the sub-station? It's a long shot I know, but then it's an expensive lamp.

Diggit360

Any chance you could of left it on the car roof? And it came off down the road somewhere. Have you tried Derbyshire police lost property some kind person may of handed it in!