CNCC Newsletter 6 now out

Cavematt

Hi everyone

The latest CNCC newsletter has been published and is available on the publications page of the CNCC website or via this direct link:

https://cncc.org.uk/publications/downloads/CNCC_Newsletter_Issue6_Aug2017.pdf

More so than ever before, there is lots of interesting news about a number of upcoming changes regarding cave access in the north of England (some of which we think you might find quite interesting), anchor installation/maintenance, as well as reports of recent conservation projects, a reminder about the ongoing training survey (more replies needed please), and several other interesting snippets.

Hard copies will be distributed to the usual recipients over the coming weeks.

Thank you to all contributors!

Cheers
Matt Ewles
Secretary, Council of Northern Caving Clubs

chunky

Very much looking forward to the new calendar based booking system. Will make planning for weekends a lot slicker for us  (y)

Ian Ball

Lots of 'ifs' before a Calender based permit system is in place but that might even push me towards getting a smartphone!

Pitlamp

I've just read the newsletter (which is very good - and thanks to those who put in the work of producing it).

Can I just ask, would the new booking system only work from a smart phone or would it be possible also to get at it from a normal computer? Just asking, as some of us don't use smart phones.

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
It is only a proposed system at present, but we are hopeful that it will replace at least some of the present permit systems.  It will be available on-line by all devices including laptops and home PCs and be a part of the excellent CNCC web site.  The good thing about it being accessible by smart phone is that people can use it once they have left home or already in the area - especially if weather or other plans change.  To begin with it would be run in parallel with the current method and the 'permit secretary' would place the booking on the new system until you got the hang of it. 

We'll keep everyone posted as things progress.

Pitlamp

Thanks, that does sound really good.

(At some stage i suppose I'll have to cave in and get one of these toys.)