Viper Light battery

Ship-badger

My Viper Light has gone down after eight years of trusty service. I have noticed the battery life going down for a while, but suddenly last week it only gives about 10 minutes after a full charge. When I charge the battery the green light illuminates on the charger after about 10 minutes to show fully charged.
So, is it the charger or the battery pack? Given its age I suspect the battery pack, but I might be wrong. Is there anyone on here who can make me up a new battery pack if I send them the old one? I can send the charger too. Happy to pay the going rate, so long as it isn't cheaper to buy a new lamp.
I assume that the circuit board wired to the battery cells is the controller for the different light outputs. The lamp switches on ok and operates as it should, just not for very long.

Attachments

• viper1.JPG
    viper1.JPG
    18.7 KB · Views: 381
  • viper2.JPG
    viper2.JPG
    19.2 KB · Views: 283

Benfool

Yeah I should be able to do this for you - did this for somebody else a few years back.

Send me an email at Ben.t.wright (at) gmail.com and we can arrange

B

Benfool

I've also just had a text from Kermit of Warmbac, saying that he had a spare Viper battery he'd be willing to sell for ?40. Send me an email and I'll forward you his contact details.

B