The Buttered Badgers on TV

Mark Wright

Members of the Buttered Badgers will feature in the 3rd episode of Britains Ancient Tracks on Saturday 7th October at 7pm on Channel 4.

Tony Robinson takes a walk along the Derbyshire Portway passing Eldon Hole and meeting up with Adam Parkes, Mark Richardson and me at the entrance.

I hope you enjoy watching it as much as we enjoyed the day out filming it.

Mark

pwhole

Personally, I was a bit disappointed with the whole show to be honest. It promised a lot at the beginning (for the underground fans), but delivered very little I thought - though if you're a walker it was probably more enjoyable, I guess. The Eldon Hole segment with Mark was definitely the highlight for me, but the programme said virtually zero about the hole itself, with some footage actually repeated (never a good sign). I'm guessing (hoping) more was shot than was broadcast, but was then chopped out for time reasons.

AR

Some of the mining inaccuracies earlier on had me snarling at the telly - Derbyshire lead miners did not go underground for days on end unless their shift went very, very wrong, and t'owd man of Bonsall is carrying a whisket, not a kibble... :mad:

Mrs Trellis

There was a lot of repeated footage of him walking along a path somewhere in Derbyshire. Stunning aerial view of Eldon though.