Snow in Yorkshire, Lancashire, Cumbria

alastairgott

I'm going up to Casterton fell this weekend. Looking out of the Window, there's some flakes about (not least sitting in this chair!).

I was wondering if anyone knows what the fells are looking like today?

It's just so I know if I'm going to have to walk the lane from the flowerpot sign at the bottom. I've done it before from Barbon, so know both routes.

pwhole

I can't see the Dales being that great when there's 2cm snowflakes going past my window in Sheffield at only 80m AOD. And another digging trip cancelled - gah!

Pete K

pwhole said:
I can't see the Dales being that great when there's 2cm snowflakes going past my window in Sheffield at only 80m AOD. And another digging trip cancelled - gah!
We had to bin off the surveying today at Monyash.

pwhole

Apparently Glyn is picking me up in ten mins to go meet Wayne in Castleton! Not to go caving I'm glad to say. I think he's just trying to prove a point ;)

pwhole

It's always worse there. That's why we're here! Anyway, he's almost arriving - if you don't hear from me again you can have all my 'electric Miles Davis' albums  :sneaky:

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
Not had anywhere near what was forecast - roads near us (near Marton's) are icy but not covered in inches of snow.

mikem

Seem to be more road problems around the Peak than the Dales, although Shap & aound Leeds both affected.

Mike

alastairgott

Pegasus said:
Not had anywhere near what was forecast - roads near us (near Marton's) are icy but not covered in inches of snow.

Thanks Jane, I think I'll suck it and see!
Is it thick ice? or just a tad more than black ice?

Rachel

The A65 is clear but the roads off it haven't been gritted. I haven't ventured onto the Ingleton side but the roads between Ingleton and Bentham were rather exciting an hour ago, especially the downhill stretches with bends at the bottom.