Parking for the caves around the Clydach gorge

skippy

Hi all,

Its been many (make that over 30) years since I?ve done any caving around llangattock. I?m heading down this Friday and before I meet up I?m gonna poke about in some of the caves of the Clydach Gorge. Can anyone advise on the best, safe place to park? Years ago we used to park in Blackrock and cross the A465. Is this still possible given the road improvements?

Or is it safe to park on the other side of the gorge near the disused rail tunnels?

Cheers,
Glenn

Trig Gledhill

skippy said:
Hi all,

Its been many (make that over 30) years since I?ve done any caving around llangattock. I?m heading down this Friday and before I meet up I?m gonna poke about in some of the caves of the Clydach Gorge. Can anyone advise on the best, safe place to park? Years ago we used to park in Blackrock and cross the A465. Is this still possible given the road improvements?

Or is it safe to park on the other side of the gorge near the disused rail tunnels?

Cheers,
Glenn
Hi Glenn,

It's still safe to park by the disused tunnels near Ogof Clogwyn but you probably won't recognise the road leading up as there has been massive changes in the last few years. I can send a screenshot of a pin drop if you can't remember where?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Cavebaby88

You can park in the small pull in off the Blackrock road next to the lime kilns if the lorries are not using it this weekend for turning (I can check this in the morning when I go to work)

As Trig said The railway tunnels above Clogwyn is a good parking spot. We walk the dog there most evebing so we usually can report anything unusual.

Sadly that's all there is at the moment until the roadworks at completed