Craven Pothole Club welcomes new members.

skippy

Hi All,

This time of year, Craven Pothole Club publish its new meets list on our website for the coming year. This leads to a recruitment campaign to attract new members to the club(in a bid to reduce the aging demographic  ;)).
We understand that a ?formal? club environment is not everybody?s thing?.However if wanting to join a club is what yer after, Craven can offer so much.
Firstly our meets list is very comprehensive for 2018/19 offering everything from easy, novice trips open to everyone to the ?Black book' epics  that will test the most seasoned caver?with lots of sporting classics(and not so classics) in between.
Last year?s meets were very successful with 98% of all trips going ahead?.Take a look at our public Facebook page for what we got up to.
Caving is not the only thing on offer though. There are also lots of camping trips, walking meets and this year canyoning trips?.Not to mention getting involved with the iconic Gaping Gill meet.

Lots more benefits of joining Craven Pothole Club can be found by taking a  look at our web site.
http://cravenpotholeclub.org

If you like what you see, give us a shout and come and see if the club suits you.

Cheers,
Glenn(Skippy).

qyWackEZCNShLdOjznSH2kXH4D3dWzlKRiqMzvherC4MRMcQldCRohSA3eSKu0zr_cFv5NQUgFIL79bLaK2HJy-XXMXB1Xxzgn7DPiBcjZy69pP5kmxpsZiLnGgemP-w1SG3l3r3sbAq6kk9jcTJ3TXwkX0ws_53aLOAK3775UP6ANz4o2jZ_a0QyDySAfuLpezBQZCGEnAwAZ1koL1nBxRYgG2fHZlVJhnER9dTiZ-8YgM25KGy1ESK0fLWO3DUS2MkTgN4jiblpuaJmfN-iD8rKkoofiXSc9YDD453YaIkaus4DIv2B77mT0I8kv9Mb0Q8hGLBALpZ3D7y6r65pbxQY0785BkTGaKG9XjsLPNFgzwAVi_FnzpXe-m3mEvRruxDFwDDkYygLSgIer56GZUOC4qKdgxry1XQBRwtlujBhN32R9C7yvAL11SncjZB4zaj8S1DzPPDg-ELW-aGLI2ozFQPgACpkduAN8J3u1CEWTtVlj6y_jSeCG-7VShZocEjGL2To5XVrzE3pUd_-qIkV5GwWz8CpZz6AT3Ukduk6Zh0b7Tng-X303OV9UR-naJcQystCjoE8zZ6b-ukhkT-qG7g86uuJhmhABc=w574-h754-no

rhychydwr1

skippy said:
?34 full membership excluding insurance or ?17 perspective membership(6 months).

Well that has put me off.  Just think how much beer you could drink for ?34.00 :eek:

PeteHall

rhychydwr1 said:
Well that has put me off.  Just think how much beer you could drink for ?34.00 :eek:

Yes, you could easily piss it up the wall in an evening, leaving the remaining 364 evenings where you aren't a member of a caving club and you'll still need to find your beer budget.

Compared to the thousands many people spend on golf club membership, I think ?34 seems bloody good value  (y)

Fulk

I was going to treat his remark with the contempt it deserves, so well said Pete.

Ian P

Administrator
Staff member
[/quote]

[/quote]

It?s all about priorities. ?34.00 for:

Quality accommodation in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales. ATTACHED to a pub, 5 mim walk from a train station

A quality kit store with 100?s meters of top notch SRT rope and ladders.

A  varied and full meets list with a dedicated ?meet coordinator ?

Dedicated training days

Caving kit available to borrow for new members

Lots of experienced members to learn from

A renowned caving library

Running the best  :tease: Gaping Gill meet

A full colour club journal 6 times a year

A friendly welcome

Anyway enough of the Craven, you enjoy your beer.  :beer:

skippy

You have to pay a premium for CPC ladder trips...BCA don't cover the liability for our lining....
....before anyone gets hot under the collar this is a joke...
..sort of.

Skippy... there will be a ladder traing weekend in March (for members). A change from all that srt - I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
Ian... you might enjoy them (and really respect pple who did some big trips on ladders).

Fulk

Well ? each to his own, and good luck with the ladders . . . but I've done ladders, and I'd never go back; not even for an easy trip in, say KMC/Valley Entrance. But hey, I guess this subject's been done to death in the 45 years since I started doing SRT.

True if you are on your own, but something like Valley Entrance opens up so much to those who have yet to try srt (and it is quite fun in a big party). Paradoxically, it is a spot where lifelining can be done really badly...(with an anchor up in the roof) .
Toyland also lets people take it a bit further.

rhychydwr1

rhychydwr1 said:
skippy said:
?34 full membership excluding insurance or ?17 perspective membership(6 months).

I think I should apologise to Skippy.  ?30 or ?40 seems to be the going rate of most caving club.

rhychydwr1

PeteHall said:
rhychydwr1 said:

Yes, you could easily piss it up the wall in an evening, leaving the remaining 364 evenings where you aren't a member of a caving club and you'll still need to find your beer budget.

Compared to the thousands many people spend on golf club membership, I think ?34 seems bloody good value  (y)

I only drink on a Saturday so I think ?34 would last 10 weeks.  Other saving could be made by sleeping in a tent or a cave.  Club hut fees for guess are about ?7.00 a night.

Thank you for letting us know.
We had rearranged some of the links, but I thought it was fixed.
Was that on a Mobile? What browser?

(? purge your cache by pressing shift and the reload)

(or pm me/skippy)

Paul McW

Ian Ball said:
HardenClimber3 said:
Ian... you might enjoy them (and really respect pple who did some big trips on ladders).

Are they wooden runged?

We've got one with wooden rungs (unless someone's tidyed up). Slightly embarassingly, I think it is polypro rather than hemp (which detracts from the asthetics).

Nigelh

I tried on two devices before posting.
Cleared cache. Link still not working. I am only on pne device right now.