Darkness Below Forum

The Old Ruminator

OK I do look here occasionally but now I get this message -

Your connection is not secure

The owner of darknessbelow.co.uk has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.

Presumably its still OK to look there via another browser.

Les W

It will be their certificate has expired I expect.
If you are sure that you have the correct URL and that you aren't passing any personal information you wouldn't want compromising (in the unlikely even somebody has hacked the site) then it will be ok for you to create an exception in Firefox.
It's just Firefox trying to protect you...

Laurie

This happens regularly with me when contacting large business websites that I've been using for years.
If it's a site you know and trust then you can override Firefox without risk.

Antwan

Never needed an SSL certificate underground  ;)

How's things down south OR? Bit wet and soggy up north this morning

The Old Ruminator

Dull and murky down South. I am off for my usual Friday walk. Dark Places comes up OK on Firefox now so just a temporary glitch. A quiet weekend for me next caving trip should be on Wednesday.  Ahh the joys of being retired. Bank Holidays mean nothing to me.

paul

The Old Ruminator said:
I had to smile when I saw this post moved to " Idle Chat " :). Nothing about caving then ? :LOL:

The main point of the post was about a warning on a website about a certificate problem, not exactly an issue relating to caving...

Laurie

The Old Ruminator said:
Dull and murky down South. I am off for my usual Friday walk. Dark Places comes up OK on Firefox now so just a temporary glitch. A quiet weekend for me next caving trip should be on Wednesday.  Ahh the joys of being retired. Bank Holidays mean nothing to me.
No quibbles on my Win 7/Firefox browser.

Minion

I can find the main website, where they post articles and news etc.

No mention of a forum on the website or google.

Got a link?

The Old Ruminator

Minion said:
I can find the main website, where they post articles and news etc.

No mention of a forum on the website or google.

Got a link?

Yes. My bad interpretation. Its not actually a forum like this though you can post images and send reports. A website is much more correct.

royfellows

Yes and they are all OK. Regardless of 'politics' I get on with them fine and keep them updated  with whats going on my turf.

Darkness Below

Hi Folks,

I'm one of the technical team behind https://darknessbelow.co.uk - many thanks for highlighting the problem for us, we hadn't noticed it.

We rectified the certificate problem straight away but there was an issue with a plugin which we have only managed to resolve today, taken a bit longer with the bank holiday.

All is now fixed and the site is secure, so you can use it without worrying - not that I suspect many of you were!

Thanks again,

Glenn

Tommy

Darkness Below said:
All is now fixed and the site is secure, so you can use it without worrying - not that I suspect many of you were!

You're right, personally I don't visit the site at all!

Pitlamp

I went on it today (as I often do) and read the article about old inscriptions in Goatchurch Cave, which I thought was well written and interesting.

Jopo

Topimo said:
Darkness Below said:

You're right, personally I don't visit the site at all!

I am sure we are all interested in what you don't do.

Jopo

BradW

Thanks D.B. - the link has posted wrong - try

https://darknessbelow.co.uk/ritual-protection-marks-in-caves-under-the-mendips/

Like Pitlamp, I find it an interesting site.

Darkness Below

BradW said:
Thanks D.B. - the link has posted wrong - try

https://darknessbelow.co.uk/ritual-protection-marks-in-caves-under-the-mendips/

Like Pitlamp, I find it an interesting site.

Oops :) Not great for a web designer. Thanks!

I'm not a caver, but I really enjoyed that article!