Wookey Hole BBC Broadcast 1935.

yrammy

The British Caving Library has the following request.  I am doing a search and have pointed them at the library audio archive. But if anyone can help with this request please let me know.

Dear BCRA,
I am wondering you may be able to help? I am writing to you from Wookey Hole Caves and we are looking for the item below. So far, all searches have been unsuccessful however, I am still very hopeful that you may be able to help.

Please would you possibly be able to let me know if you personally hold, or know where we could find, the original or, a copy of, the BBC?s Broadcasting of the Exploration of Wookey Hole completed in 1935 by Graham Balcombe and Penny ?Mossy? Powell? This particular broadcast took place 17th August 1935 and was broadcast by the BBC to the Nation, live from within Wookey Hole Caves.

If you have any information you can possibly share with us about this particular event, or indeed any other historical event relating to Wookey Hole Caves, it would be of sincere interest.

Alternatively, if you have any suggestions as to where we could attempt to find this historical treasure, I would absolutely love to hear from you. The British Library's search has been unsuccessful.

Duncan Price

It was the first live outside broadcast (in the world? - certainly by the BBC) and consequently no recording exists.

yrammy

Thanks.

I think they know  it is a very long shot. I have found them a lot of useful background info though :)
Mary