Interesting Mineral Rights for sale

pwhole

The amusing part is that there's virtually no minerals left. And no spiral staircases either, but some lovely pickwork panels still left on some of the faces. It's the stuff west of Batham Gate that really needs protecting - and thoroughly documenting.

alastairgott

Rightmove really don't know where they're putting their pins, if you look at the map of the deeds, then it looks to me like it's west of Batham Gate (and north of it).

Perhaps your area of interest?

Rob

It's hard to see from that listing whether it's the red or blue field, or both. Each have their own deep, old mines of varying lengths. 

pwhole said:
...It's the stuff west of Batham Gate that really needs protecting - and thoroughly documenting.
Which bit?

pwhole

I meant along Moss Rake from the recently-removed spar operation at Batham Gate - so Upper Cross, through Raddlepits to Hugh Hill Grove/Rake Head. The map is a bit hopeless, but it does look as though the large square portion would include Brunt mine too. That was re-nicked in 1906 and then inspected by Puttrell and friends in 1907 and it didn't go far before it was blocked - they were specifically looking for baryte, but there couldn't have bene enough to warrant the effort of re-opening as it never happened. All of the Moss Rake mines were re-nicked on 1906 to exploit the fluorspar market but there wasn't really any there anyway - it was mostly calcite. I can't realistically see why anyone would want mineral rights for land that has already been definitely exploited to the hilt for every mineral worth having.

ganjaman

I just checked the link the map puts me on a quarry I know was in use maybe 3 months ago when I was looking for somewhere to play tell me more about these staircases tho im interested I love mines