Derbyshire Cave Rescue Vehicle Appeal

bubba

Administrator
The DCRO need to raise £42k to buy a new emergency response vehicle as the old one is now 20 years old :shock:

If there's anyway you can help, then please see the DCRO website for more information and contact details.

H

Huw Groucutt

Gwent cave rescue ain't got any sort of vehicle! But for that matter almost no rescues either!

H

Huw Groucutt

well, aint applied yet, need to do it soon. Sheffield is my top choice, then Manchester i think, York, Bristol are lesser choices.

Brendan

Huw - if you do come to Sheffield Uni don't forget to meet up with SUSS (the uni caving club). We are very active in the Peaks, Dales and down in S Wales when we can get there as well as international trips in the summer. It'd be great to have you as a member.

H

Huw Groucutt

yeah i was intending to join, aswell as possibly a local club, Eldon maybe.

SamT

Good man - a lot of the (active) memebers on this site are eldon. Definately one of the more down to earth(scuse the pun) digging clubs in the peak with regular meets once a month in buxton. There is a healthy sheffield contingent so lifts aren't usually a problem.
:)

Brendan

Excellent stuff. Thought I should probably get in before the Eldon boys totally convert you :) Would be a pity for you to miss out on university caving life entirely

H

Huw Groucutt

Well obviously i need to join the uni club for some hardcore drinking and what not.

Mark

What happened to the bit about DCRO. Eldon stomps are for grown ups not students

SamT

on yeah kinda drifted off the subject - I'll chip in a quid. :)

We could have a collection at the stomp - but since the stomp nearly always runs at loss, I dont fancy we'd raising too much for the new van. :(

al

Derbyshire Evening Telegraph article ( 5 Nov 2003) on DCRO and the need for a vehicle to replace the old Custard Bus.

Have a look at http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=64361&command=displayContent&sourceNode=63913&contentPK=7662559