Author Topic: Friday 4th March - Swildon's Upper Series  (Read 694 times)

Offline bagpuss

• obsessive maniac
Friday 4th March - Swildon's Upper Series
« on: March 13, 2016, 01:11:15 pm »
Attendees: Tim/Ruth

Having spent a few weeks ill with a chest infection I was keen to get out again, plus my suit needed a clean, so Tim and I decided on a bimble  round the upper series in Swildon's.

On our way in we headed through the zig zags instead of via the slab, oddly enough I've only been in via the zigzags a handful of times, and that was a good few years back. It definitely takes longer.

We spent some time taking photos in the long dry way and the chambers en route. We also took in the New Grottoes which again I'd not been into for some time (on beginner trips I tend to be lazy and wait for Tim to take people in) I was surprised at how pretty they were and more photos were taken.

Further into the cave, and climbing high we visited another small grotto, I'm not sure of the official name, but in the club we call it 'Dave's pointless grotto'

We noted the experiments taking place in the old grotto (I can't remember the details, so can't link to it I'm afraid) and spent some more time taking photos which didn't come out that well. I'm not overly impressed with the Riccoh camera, although part of the problem is not getting the settings right/not having enough light. As we hadn't really prepared for a photo trip this is hopefully something which could be rectified for another time.

More time was spent at the old 40 attempting some photos, and Tim refused my suggestion of exploring rolling thunder.  Instead we ended up visiting the oxbows for some squeezy challenges.

Amazed at how much time we'd spent bimbling we headed out via the wetway/show bath, wondering the wiseness of our decision when we exited to snow on the ground.

Once we'd built a snow man and thrown some snowballs it was off to the hunters for the best ever Parsnip soup.  :beer2:

Numb hands cannot focus camera...

Offline rhychydwr1

• forum hero
  • Russian, the best
    • http://www.showcaves.com
Re: Friday 4th March - Swildon's Upper Series
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 01:34:14 pm »
No Scale  :o

Offline bagpuss

• obsessive maniac
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2016, 01:40:35 pm »
 I like no scale :) Thanks for the constructive comment though  :tease:

Offline bograt

• forum hero
  • Speliodecrepit
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2016, 01:42:01 pm »
I like no scale :) Thanks for the constructive comment though  :tease:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Aim low, achieve your goals, avoid disappointment

Offline glyders

• menacing presence
    • ACS Adventure
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2016, 09:07:53 am »
I was going down the photos, following the route in my head, then got to the penultimate one. For a moment I thought you'd found a massive chamber with waterfall that I didn't know about!