New Book - Great Wheal Vor

moorebooks

I have just been notified of this book due out next month the definitive history, long awaited, of Great Wheal Vor. This was Cornwall?s greatest tin producer at one time, renowned way beyond the county and yet it is relatively unknown today. Wheal Vor was so productive that it justified the smelting its own tin. The book runs to 600 pages and is written by Tony Bennett, who has great knowledge and experience of Cornish Mining, not least through his involvement in the Rosevale Mine at Zennor. It contains a detailed history of the mine, including  a prolonged court case which may have inspired Charles Dickens, as well as information on the way the mine was worked, its geology and what remains on the ground. Sir Tim Smit of the Eden Project has contributed an Introduction.

Great Wheal Vor will be available from October as a large format paperback at ?27.00, with a limited edition of 100 hardback copies at ?47.00, . The book has been generously sponsored by the Cornish Mining World Heritage Site Office., I'm offering post free on advance orders

Mike
www.moorebooks.co.uk

moorebooks

For those interested in receiving the book post free I understand the book is expected from the printer by the end of this week - final date for post free orders will be 16th October.

I understand that 35 of the hard backs have sold out already

Mike

moorebooks

Copies have gone out during this week it's an excellent read and the is one of the best researched books I have seen for a while

Mike