Best Cave For Zombie Apocalypse?

wellyjen

A good question. The end may be in sight for COVID-19, so we are probably due for the ZOMBIE-21 outbreak to start.

Braaaaiiiinnnnns

ChrisJC

I would go to Rhosydd Slate Quarry. There are some parts of that which most people miss, and there is one part that I am pretty sure we are the only modern explorers to have accessed.

Chris.

2xw

You could fit the entire British caving population in Draenan, socially distanced.

Or, with enough scaffold, probably GG

Cantclimbtom

ChrisJC said:
I would go to Rhosydd Slate Quarry. There are some parts of that which most people miss, and there is one part that I am pretty sure we are the only modern explorers to have accessed.

Chris.

Bother!  I might have to find new hiding places?

wellyjen said:
A good question. The end may be in sight for COVID-19, so we are probably due for the ZOMBIE-21 outbreak to start.

Braaaaiiiinnnnns
Just like at the start of Covid, all the loo roll sold out, to prepare for Zombie-21 *now* is the time to start stocking up on felling axes. I imagine they'll sell out pretty quick once the apocalypse gets underway.

ChrisJC

Cantclimbtom said:
ChrisJC said:

Chris.

Bother!  I might have to find new hiding places?

:LOL:  Not a problem. You definitely would not be in the part I would be in!

Chris.

JoshW

What kinda zombies are we talking here, what level of mobility do they have? If fairly low then anything with a reasonable climb or need for co-ordination would do the job

pwhole

I can't see them figuring out how to put a harness and SRT kit on, what with their attention-spans and lack of patience and all that. They always seem pretty stressed-out if I'm truthful. But could they chew through the rope? Hmm - Mark Wright will know.

wellyjen

Boris will want to depend on herd immunity again. Once everyone is a zombie, the R0 rate will drop right down. Problem solved!
Hiding out at the top of an aven and pulling the rope up after you is probably the best approach. Zombies can fall down pitches and still crawl after you on their broken limbs, but won't be able to climb up anything technical. 

Wardy

Draenen would work as its pretty unlikely anyone visiting this planet could figure out the way in.

Which entrances are actually entrances
Which entrances are no longer entrances
Which non entrances could actually be entrances
Who controls access to the entrances, ex entrances and non entrances that could be entrances.

I am pretty sure visitors would just give up and leave, but unfortunately only a small number of us would have figured out how to take refuge there, so it may not be that great a solution.
Maybe they could help us unravel it all?

thehungrytroglobite

pwhole said:
Winnats Head. It's useful for so many things.

Problem with Winnat's Head is that you can walk into it, so zombies could get into the cave. I suppose they might have trouble finding their way through the boulder choke, but also could destabilise it and cause a collapse...

thehungrytroglobite

JoshW said:
What kinda zombies are we talking here, what level of mobility do they have? If fairly low then anything with a reasonable climb or need for co-ordination would do the job

I posted this question whilst watching Shaun of the Dead, so those sorts of zombies I suppose. Looking for the cave version of the Winchester

ZombieCake

I suppose it depends what sort of zombies.  Are we talking about the ambling Shaun of the Dead and Cockneys vs. Zombies types or the more fast and agile World War Z type?  I guess would definitely need another exit or the cave could be re-defined as a 'larder'.