Bull Pot Farm

mikem

Usual request, has anyone been up there last couple of days, as can't tell how much snow there's been from here in the sunny south? (Not going until Saturday, but doesn't look like it will melt!)

Mike

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
Very little I should think ATM.  No snow at Ingleton anyway, but there is some forecast today.  Temperatures just above freezing so likely to be icy.  Looking to be dry on Saturday so should be ok to get underground.

Pitlamp

I agree with Badlad - very little here at Clapham. Most of what last night's storm dumped was rain or sleet; I tipped 20 mm out of my gauge this morning, so don't expect it to be dry underground today (for anyone plotting a caving trip).

langcliffe

Pitlamp said:
I agree with Badlad - very little here at Clapham. Most of what last night's storm dumped was rain or sleet; I tipped 20 mm out of my gauge this morning, so don't expect it to be dry underground today (for anyone plotting a caving trip).

I was quite surprised by this, 'cos we had a reasonable amount of snow in Wharfedale last night. The Penyghent and Ribblehead webcams also show quite a lot of snow.

Any other road reports for Leck Fell and Bull Pot Farm access before Saturday would be most welcomed...

Pitlamp

langcliffe said:
Pitlamp said:

I was quite surprised by this, 'cos we had a reasonable amount of snow in Wharfedale last night. The Penyghent and Ribblehead webcams also show quite a lot of snow.

Any other road reports for Leck Fell and Bull Pot Farm access before Saturday would be most welcomed...

Yes - one of today's weather videos included a photo taken at Buckden and that looked significantly more snowy than round here on the west side. Our precipitation fell mostly as rain and what snow did fall higher on the fells has been slowly thawing. It's not all gone though.

Best bet's to see what MJenkinson posts after going to BPF.

Simon Wilson

There's a moderate amount of snow forecast for today and low temperatures continuing through the weekend. I think you might be able to get up to Bull Pot Farm but you might want to take snow chains or 4x4.

Pitlamp

The webcams on here might be useful to glance at, especially the first one:

http://www.foscl.org.uk/content/ribblehead-and-kirkby-stephen-webcams

There no snow in valley bottoms on the Ingleton side of the Dales but the ground is covered higher up.
(Ribblehead's just over 300 m above A.O.D. - the road to Bull Pot Farm is at similar height.)

All

Apologies but due to a change in plan I won't be heading to BPF this eve.  However I have managed to email El Presidente, The Head Honcho, Mr Duffy who advised:

"It was a bit sketchy on Thursday as I turned around but it may be alright now that the farmer has been up and down it"

In my experience and seeing what we have had it is probably OK, if you are careful.  The farmers general do a good job of keeping it passable. If you can't get past the first set of switch backs after the nursery on the way up, then it's an easy retreat.

Sorry for lack of first hand info

Matt

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
Leck road is fine the pm. Looking across BPF road looks the same. Water levels don't seem too bad.