CNCC AGM 2018

Cavematt

Hi everyone

Please see the link below for details of the CNCC Annual General Meeting which will be held on Saturday 10th March, Hellifield Village Institute, 10am. All welcome.

https://cncc.org.uk/news/agm-2018-agenda-issued

Matt Ewles
Secretary, Council of Northern Caving Clubs

Simon Wilson

I just had a look at the AGM agenda and it looks as though it should be a good meeting. The January committee meeting was a good meeting; it was well attended, the business was carried out efficiently and discussions were informative and friendly. The CNCC is working very well and the results speak for themselves.

If you're interested, come along to the AGM. I expect it will be an enjoyable event.

Alex

Surely committee meetings/AGMs and enjoyable do not belong in the same sentence lol.

Cavematt

Hi Everyone

***** Reminder: CNCC Annual General Meeting, THIS SATURDAY, 10th March, 10am, Hellifield Village Institute *****

This is a final reminder that this Saturday is the CNCC Annual General Meeting. The final set of documents for this meeting (the reports) have been uploaded to the CNCC website tonight:

https://cncc.org.uk/meetings/

Please remember that all full member clubs wishing to vote must bring a letter from a club official to identify the voting representative as having authority to deliver their club vote. An email in advance (no later than this Thursday) from a club official is also sufficient. This is a requirement of our constitution.

Everyone is welcome to come along (regardless of club affiliation) and contribute your ideas/thoughts, to see what goes on at these meetings, or to see a sneak-peak of the new online cave booking system.

Hope to see lots of you on Saturday!

Matt Ewles
Secretary, Council of Northern Caving Clubs

PS. Are you club that caves regularly in the north of England, but you are not currently a full member of the CNCC? If not why not become one, and get more involved in helping us to improve northern caving?

List of all current full members is here:
https://cncc.org.uk/about/clubs.php

Details about how to become a full member are here (just drop me a message if you have any questions).
https://cncc.org.uk/get-involved/membership/

Simon Wilson

The AGM attracted a lot of participants and the atmosphere was buzzing with enthusiasm. All the motions were passed unanimously which can only be a good thing. The motion on the how information about caves on Access Land is presented on the website had already been debated at committee level and now has the approval of the full membership.

We were in the happy position of having more clubs wanting to be on the committee than there are places so unfortunately one has to miss out this time round. Sheffield University Speleological Society is a new member of the committee. This means that there are now three uni clubs on the committee, Leeds, York and Sheffield and it means that younger cavers are now better represented. A few years ago there were no uni clubs on the committee. There is a good mix of clubs with different characteristics making up the committee. All of the large clubs are represented and the club that missed out was one of the smaller clubs and although the small clubs are valued on the committee it feels right to me that the clubs that represent the largest number of cavers should take precedence.

I think most people would agree that the highlight of the meeting was a live online demonstration of the new cave booking system. You will be able to book a cave on the day of your trip easily from anywhere with internet access and it is very mobile phone friendly. It looks amazing and it got a very enthusiastic welcome and a huge round of applause for Gary.

The CNCC is going from strength to strength and I think this was the best CNCC AGM I've ever been to. It was good the see that York Uni cavers came mob handed and because the meeting finished before midday they would have had plenty of time to go caving. Happy days.

Alex

That sounds cool to book it on the day, something I guess can be done in Inglesport, when having that debate of where to go because it's raining.