disto a3 on ebay

martinm

Hmm. It seems to only measure tilt up to ? 45?. Any idea how I'd measure the depth of a pitch or slope greater than this angle?

Mel.
------------------
Soz. That was a D3 I was looking at. But the A3 doesn't seem to measure tilt, does it have to be modified? Seem to remember it was discussed somewhere else on here, in which case I'd be grateful if you could just point me at the appropriate thread. Thanx!

Cave_Troll

yes you need a "disto X" plugin board.
made by some bloke in switzerland IIRC. not sure if he's making any more.

graham

Cave_Troll said:
yes you need a "disto X" plugin board.
made by some bloke in switzerland IIRC. not sure if he's making any more.

Beat Heeb is the man. See http://paperless.bheeb.ch/

He recently made a further batch, contact him directly to see whether he still has any/is making any more.

They are really good.

martinm

Cool. Have now got myself an A3 off ebay for about ?111 incl. postage!  8)

Seems wicked so far. Will save me a lot of hassle with tape measure, even if I can't get an upgrade board.

But, have just emailed Heeb, so here's hoping I can get one...

martinm

Just heard back. Price has gone up:- 180.00 Euros = 153.03 British pounds sterling including shipping costs.

In addition customs and taxes may be collected by your country.

A lot of money...  :(

biffa

mmilner said:
A lot of money...  :(

But probably less than compass clino - although C+C are going cheap on ebay because no one uses them now because DistoX is so good.

SamT said:
simon brooks - 470 meters in meghalaya - 17mm miss-closure.  :bow:

But Simon cheats by getting too much surveying practice!

DaveR

Just been on a trip to Canada. The local cavers were sceptical about Distox... until the first trip. They couldn't believe how quick and accurate it was; I was luck to make it home with my Distox! Even using a pad instead of the full PDA experience it is still a huge improvement over manual methods, although I had to laugh when I had to lick mud off the screen and someone pointed out it was a bigger area to lick than a compass window. Less to lick than a tape though, I responded!
"Long after you've forgotten the price, you'll remember the value"
(y)